Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day of Remembrance

"Remembering Pearl Harbor".......

Photo: 12/7/91-PHA 50th Anniversary Ceremonies-Wheeler Field, Oahu-HI.

Remembering w/sincere gratitude & affection- all fm The Greatest Generation on this solemn day of remembrance. God Bless every one of them-living or passed-on, who sacrificed all to keep us free.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

DBD
    Attached Files

Re: Day of Remembrance

Thanks "Bucky D". We all need to remember that "Day of Infamy". As the Japanese Admiral said "I'm Afraid We Have Awakened A Sleeping Giant".
    Lockheed Bob

Comment

Aloha from Hawaii. It is a wonderful day here for the services.

Bucky, that P-40 (film prop) is still here on Wheeler. Winds that came through in the past weeks blew the rudder off of it!

The experience of stepping foot on the AZ memorial is as humbling as it gets. Definitely a “must do” for any visitors to Hawaii.

The survivors there at Pearl today are as proud as they come. They are just as determined today as they were when they were performing many acts of courage on that day 70 years ago.

All they ask of us and generations to come is that we NEVER forget them and those who have sacrificed to make our great nation what it is today.
      John

Loves airplanes and runs freight trains.

Comment

Thx Bob & Aloha!-John-

Thanks, John f/your 'on-site' Aloha note & heart-felt sentiments. Wish I could be there today to again share in the experience of commemorance & being around these pioneer WW2 veterans again.

I'll forever cherish my week-long attendance on Oahu f/the 50th Anniversary ceremonies back in Dec. 1991 & the having the honor & privilege of association and friendship w/USAAF 12/7/41 PHA veterans & Pearl Harbor Survivor's Assn. members fm the other service branches. They're truly- 'The Greatest Generation' & deserve a special place in the hearts & memories of all patriotic Americans!

All Air Racing All the time! Unregistered visitors: this forum is open for your reading enjoyment. We invite you to join so you can enjoy the full features of this system. Including file uploads, event calender, private messages and more. Due to an unmanageable amount of SPAM membership applications, the join process is a few step process. It all makes it secure!

DBD

P.S. John-I was wondering how that old Tora film mockup P-40 was holding-up.

Comment

Been at the memorial 3 times now. One of my truly great moments came at the beginning of a Tiger Cruise on the Ranger, coming home from Desert Storm. The morning we left Pearl they had a re-enlistment ceremony for the ship on board the memorial. We got to go out early for the flag raising, sunrise and the speeches. VERY emotional, and special for a devoted Pearl Harbor buff.
          Anybody visiting there that does not feel humbled and moved does not have a soul.
          Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
          airplanenutleo@gmail.com
          thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
          X