USAF cuts airshow demos for 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USAF cuts airshow demos for 2012

The USAF just announced the cancellation of all F-15, F-16, A-10, and C-17 single ship demos for 2012. The F-22 will fly at select shows. A limited number of heritage flights will be flown as well. The Thunderbird schedule is not affected. I wonder how long before the Navy follows suit?

Re: USAF cuts airshow demos for 2012

Ouch! ... I think it would be much better to cut the saleries, retirement, and medical plan of congress....put them on SS and medicare.
    Sorry....just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
      The USAF just announced the cancellation of all F-15, F-16, A-10, and C-17 single ship demos for 2012. The F-22 will fly at select shows. A limited number of heritage flights will be flown as well. The Thunderbird schedule is not affected. I wonder how long before the Navy follows suit?
      The Navy is has already initiated contingency planning. The budget for the Blue Angels is apparently $37m a year. If the Blues are disbanded, I doubt the T-Birds will be far behind.

The Marines are looking at a large RIF in order to be able to properly equip the remaining force.

If the "automatic" cuts go through, this will just be the beginning.
      Last edited by RBriscoe; 12-03-2011, 12:15 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

The low life half wits in DC are too busy worrying about their re election campaigns to actually do something like balance the budget. The real America suffers for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Airpirate View Post
          The low life half wits in DC are too busy worrying about their re election campaigns to actually do something like balance the budget. The real America suffers for it.
          AMEN!!!!!! It kinda reminds me of the credit card and housing industries.
          Always promising for next time after election, never doing anything about today.
          It's like buying stuff on credit cards today and worry about paying them off next time.
          Eventually it all catches up with you. Who will be the bill collector for this one? It's gotta be the citizens! I want the politicians worrying about today, not next time. What a waste of money employing these freeloaders.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just disgusted like everybody else.
          My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Shades of Clinton days. Maybe China has a flight team,they have all our money. I haven't seen any Chinese beer at the Supermarkets yet.
            Lockheed Bob

Comment

I haven't seen any Chinese beer at the Supermarkets yet.

Me neither, but I see plenty of Mexican beer (Coronas...mmmmmmmmmm...drool*)

Ulps...sorry. Drifted off there....

The defense boys are gonna trim and clip and short-change everything unessential they can find to save that threatened F-35 program.....Like the experts keep telling the nay-Sayers, "There is no alternative program. Nothing else (modded F-15s, F-18s, etc.) has the level of stealth and electronics capability to accomplish the missions of the near future."

It's F-35, or let China or some other pissed-off nation walk all over us someday.

Maybe China has a flight team,they have all our money.

Yepperz, they do. Correct with both statements:

(Be forewarned,...their text is one of those poorly done "whatever-to English" translations that I see so often today...)

People, Beijing, August 25 (Reporter Yang Tiehu) 25, China announced in Beijing Air Force: Air Force flight schools in the new "Heaven Wings" and "Red Eagle" two flight demonstration team and the upcoming September 1 Changchun, Jilin, held an open day on the air first, and has a nearly 50-year-old Air Force "August" flight demonstration team the audience in the same field. Two Air Force air show, "New Army" was born, the Chinese Air Force has formed a flight demonstration team performances as the main force of three flights.

In the morning, "days of Wings", "Red Eagle" and "August" flight demonstration team of three representatives of the first collective appearance in Beijing.

"Heaven Wings" flight demonstration team where the Air Force Aviation University, is the only one so our military personnel flight training as the main academic education institutions are "space hero" Yang Liwei's alma mater. "Red Eagle" flight demonstration team is the third flight of the Air Force Academy, a "space hero" Zhai Zhigang's alma mater, and has successfully trained China's first female pilot fighter.

Many performance photos and the rest of the announcement can be seen here:

Last edited by AirDOGGe; 12-01-2011, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Perhaps they should have the Chinese Air Force paint their
                J-10 (F-16/Israeli Lavi) fighter in Thunderbird colors, have it sponsored by Walmart and fly them around the country.
                If you give a damn about any of this:

Rampking

Comment

Just remember, when there is talk of a budget cut in any Gov spending they attack things that matter to the most people. Shut down parks, lake use, Air Shows, etc. That way we flip out and they say see we can't cut anything.

How about Captain and above receive 75% less pensions until there 62 and no COLA. God forbid we cut Military Corporate Jet use for political pukes or as stated their pensions, just saying, thanks KC

Comment

Anyone know how much foreign aid your sec of state Klinton is promising Burma? When I write my reps, I want to tell them If they are going to cut military demos, I dont want any of my money goiing to foreign aid and I want countries that want our bases to start paying for our defense of their territory. I know it wont do any good but when they are eventually defeated, I will be sending them messages why I voted against them.

Comment

Working...
                    X