Tailgating Reno Air Race Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgating Reno Air Race Style

In the early years we use to watch the air races from Red Rock fence line and on Sunday up on the hill. Lefty use to try to give us flat top hair cuts :-)

Wonderful times, one year in 1991, my daughter found playing in the fine Nevada dirt to her liking. The memories are priceless.

She's a fine young woman now, no city slicker cream puff by any means.
    Knows how to change oil, filet a fish and shoot a deer.

Last edited by Desertdawg; 01-11-2012, 09:05 AM.

Re: Tailgating Reno Air Race Style

Great pics, D-dawg! When we started going in 1990, it wasn't until the next year that we were "told" about Red Rock Road. OMG, we could've gone right past each other and who'd have known or guess....LOL. BTW, that last pic of the lil' cutie is priceless what with all the crusty-dust on the 'er arms, hair, face....priceless.

It was a bit scary out there, too. I mean, some of those folks had been out there on "the line" for a couple weeks and were a wee bit twitchy, if ya' know what I mean. But, it was all in good fun!

Ya', I miss Red Rock a lot!!!!

Comment

Those are awsome. I spent many days myself doing that same thing in the 70s. Now my kid is 3 and been to the races the last 4 years.
      Last edited by Fence Sence; 12-01-2011, 12:20 AM.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Those are awsome. I spent many days myself doing that same thing.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

That's awesome. Totally old school. Seems like its all 5th wheels and land yachts nowadays. I love that VW Scirocco in the background of pic #2 Brings back some memories.
          "Lighten Up Francis....."

Comment

The dry lot now run by St. Michaels used to have a more "Tailgate" like atmosphere back in the '80's and 90's.

But the real scene was out on the course (when you were allowed out there of course)

If this is rotated wrong for you its becasue photobucket is slow as mud!
            Last edited by flyingjibus; 12-01-2011, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Man I miss the east side.
              Bill Garnett
              InterstellarDust
              Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Originally posted by Bill@Interstell View Post
                Man I miss the east side.
                It really was incredible. Were you there the year the Fiat/Macchi (I cant remember which it was) came by on saturday and made everyone on the hill hit the deck??

Comment

Working...
                X