P-51 on American Choppers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-51 on American Choppers?

Anyone notice the P-51 in the shop at Paul Teutals Designs? Looked like maybe a Thunder Mustang.
    Brian

Re: P-51 on American Choppers?

what episode????
    Jim Adams
    Blue Thunder 2 crew
    Picabo race 51 crew
    Rapid Travel race 75 crew

Comment

Originally posted by rc38pilot View Post
      what episode????
      The new one that was one tonight. I thought it was a Thunder at first but when the showed it a second time it looked more like a Loehle or a Titan. I think it was this one:

Last edited by Race5; 11-21-2011, 08:54 PM.

Comment

I watched that episode last night & was wondering the same thing!!! What are a bunch of chopper dudes doing with an airplane in their shop.

Comment

I noticed that too. Also noticed some calendar sized prints in the background of a couple of warbirds, I think one was a Corsair. I swore that I saw a P-51 spinner behind Jr. in the commercials they'd been playing! I also thought it was a Thunder Mustang, but the prop looked like it was in a fine pitch mode, rather than the course pitch that the MT prop of most Thunders rest at.

Maybe we'll get to see a P-51 or Warbird build in the future?

Comment

I did a little researching this morning,

The plane is called "Unusual Attitudes". I found that via freeze-frame of the program. Investigating further...

Here's a close-up photo....http://www.flickr.com/photos/artist1...7623082738802/ ...Looks like an all-metal aircraft, though still too small for a real 'Stang.

(Later)

Looks like it's a Honda-powered Titan T-51 aircraft, judging by the text on the following page: http://www.titanmustang.ca/aerocrafter/Stories.html

You can see the plane in the photo on that page labeled "Refuelling in Douglas, GA".

I haven't determined why it's at Junior's bike shop, but I DID run across this little bit of interesting information:

"Titan is presently well into the process of developing a full size P51 Mustang kit for the Amateur Built aircraft market."

Last edited by AirDOGGe; 11-22-2011, 09:56 AM.

Comment

That's cool I'm going to have to go watch the show I have it on tvo

The Ida of a full size kit mustang would be alwsom wonder what motor they would put in it? There was a full size fiberglass mustang built with a turbo prop but it didn't look right to me, I haven't seen it in years now don't know what ever happen to it

Comment

This article came from an EAA email I got today:
                Paul Jr. & Titan T-51

Comment

Working...
                X