Huey Helicopter Crew Jumps Into Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huey Helicopter Crew Jumps Into Action

As we celebrate Thanksgiving here in the United States, we have so much to be thankful for. There are 5 people that were injured in the crash of the Galloping Ghost at the Reno Air Races that are especially thankful for one 1965 Bell UH-1 Huey Helicopter and its crew for airlifting them from Stead Field to the Renown Regional Medical Center in downtown Reno.

LiveAirShowTV's Mark Allen interviewed this incredible crew less than 48 hours after the event, and now they tell their story.

Attached Files

Re: Huey Helicopter Crew Jumps Into Action

That is a GREAT STORY. Where are they from? I was glad to see they were awarded the trophy, they deserve it.
    Brian

Comment

Brian,

They are from Concord CA.

Yes, the People's Choice Award was very appropriate. The ballots were cast on Thursday and Friday. It is quite likely that the trend would have continued through Saturday and Sunday (just my opinion).

This was truly a team effort. Mark Allen stitched the soundbites together with the goal of having them tell the story in their own words. Ron Kaplan provided the still images because we were sequestered at the Media Center and couldn't see anything. (Again, not that I was wanting to rush down there)

I'm glad you like the story. If I might ask, please pass the link along to your friends, NOT so we can get more hits, but this is a POSITIVE story that came out of the terrible afternoon that more people need to know about. We're just honored to be able to make it available.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Jeff

Comment

good stuff Jeff, cant be more prouder of our vets! got a few at work that i will send to them, Thanks for shairing it,brought tears to my eyes watching it.
        Ric taylor, the Lowpasskid

Comment

Fantastic video, thanks for sharing!

Comment

When we went to dinner that Friday night, my photo friend knew the full story. My jaw dropped and I was just totally blown away to hear what that crew had done. It is an amazing story.

Comment

Working...
            X