So, Will the Wildcat make the field??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, Will the Wildcat make the field??

I started a new thread about RPZO's question about if the Wildcat can qualify for the races since the other one took a hilarious turn ( I'd like to see those full moons rising, too) But, back to the subject at hand.

It might come down to the question of who actually shows up for the races. There were 30 entries, but unless something has changed, we already know of 1 that will not show. Risky Business. Over the past few years, a number of entered aircraft have not shown up for the races. In 2002, 1 failed to appear. In 2000, 5 failed to show; in 1999, 7 failed to show; in 1998 15 failed to show; and in 1997, 12 failed to show.

I also found a reference that in 2000, some aircraft failed to meet the Unlimited requirement of a minimum qualifying speed of 300 mph. I don't know if this rule is still in effect or not. Also, I didn't find if this year's races will be limited to the top 24 or 27 qualifiers. ( hope it's 27, the more planes the better).

Why is Risky Business out this year....

Well you can see why Risky is out this year...
    Attached Files
    Randy Rheinschild
    www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

another one...

See more pix at http://unlimitedair.com/risky_restoration.htm
      Attached Files
      Randy Rheinschild
      www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

Did anyone else notice the anti voodoo banner in the background? LOL, sure would like to hear the story behind that one.

Comment

Wildcat race mods

I spent the weekend installing the secret race mods to the Wildcat. We are pretty confident that if everything works as it should, it'll suprise a lot of people.

In case the mods don't work, we need about 400 rounds of
          50 cal. ammo to disuade the other racers from getting in front of us. We would perfer tracerless ammo, but, we won't be picky.

Hawkeye, Race 2

Comment

I spent the weekend installing the secret race mods to the Wildcat. We are pretty confident that if everything works as it should, it'll suprise a lot of people.

Can't wait to see what an R-3350 looks like on the front of a Wildcat.

Comment

Kinda like a Vega with a big block.....
              Reeeeeeaaaal fast until it shakes itself apart!

Wonder how fast you really could push that thing thru the air before drag overcome any realistic (!?!) horsepower gains?

Leo
              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Re: Why is Risky Business out this year....

Originally posted by rwflyboy
                Well you can see why Risky is out this year...
                I still think that if you guys worked weekends, Risky could make it! Think positive! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The cool part about watching the Wildcat run the pylons is that you can go grab a hotdog as he goes around the back stretch and be back in time to take pictures as he passes the home pylon!!!

FBK

Comment

And hit the Porta-John too.
                    The only thing slower might be a P-40 or a stock Corsair. "Blue Max" used to be a couple laps behind at the end, but was sure neat to see.
                    I see the need for a "Super Bronze" shootout. The Wildcat, Sparky, Spud Lag, Waynes truck...
                    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
                      I see the need for a "Super Bronze" shootout. The Wildcat, Sparky, Spud Lag, Waynes truck...
                      ROFLMAO!! Oh Leo.. thanks man.. you just made my day...

Yep... I got it goin on there.. THREE hundred and FIFTY cubic inches of PURE VORTAC racin' fury it is... are two wheels enough to put that awesome amount of power down to the ground??... NO WAY MAN... it's ALL FOUR or nothing for me!

LOL!!!

Bring em on... I'm there!

Wayne
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                      X