Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pilot gets 60 days in the hole for making low passes over Santa Monica Pier.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot gets 60 days in the hole for making low passes over Santa Monica Pier.

They should have required him to do more low passes for his punishment, hire a rock and roll band and provide free hamburgers and beer and sodas for everyone. Turn it into a family event. It would have been cheaper for the taxpayer and definitely more entertaining for airplane fans.

Here's the story with some video:
    Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 11-17-2011, 10:08 AM.

Re: Pilot gets 60 days in the hole for making low passes over Santa Monica Pier.

That is just wrong. Its kind of nice to see them let loose every once in while :-)

They can buzz my house anytime.

Years back when our Nevada guard had F4s, it was not uncommon get surprised. :-)

Heres a good video from out at Pyramid.

VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK FOR A RE-EDITED VIDEO WITH NO MUSIC !!!!!!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9khQr1iOPfs&list=UUxDrrIR89zpTRMOJNtCU1qwCheck it out....

Comment

Re: Pilot gets 60 days in the hole for making low passes over Santa Monica Pier.

Don't worry about the tax-payers. Judging by the way they keep letting people out early ( example: troublemaker-star Lindsey Lohan), due to overcrowding of prisons and jails, he could be out in a matter of days.

He can buzz my house too, but doing so above a public pier without permission was NOT a smart move (a lot of people DON'T like airplanes, the poor, lost souls that they are).

Comment

Might want to do some checking on Riggs, hes a jerk and a convicted felon

Comment

Originally posted by kensantafe View Post
          Might want to do some checking on Riggs, hes a jerk and a convicted felon
          Well that changes things big time.

Thanks for sharing that important piece of info.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
            Heres a good video from out at Pyramid.

VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK FOR A RE-EDITED VIDEO WITH NO MUSIC !!!!!!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9khQr1iOPfs&list=UUxDrrIR89zpTRMOJNtCU1qwCheck it out....

It may be 'good video', but careers ended because of it.

Low passes and flat-hatting have no place in the military. NONE. It may not be fun to take this kind of attitude, but that kind of behavior kills people.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post

Low passes and flat-hatting have no place in the military. NONE. It may not be fun to take this kind of attitude, but that kind of behavior kills people.
              Well, when we send these guys into combat, we ask them to push the limit. If they never get close to pushing the limit in training, then how do they train for combat?

Comment

Originally posted by Reever View Post
                Well, when we send these guys into combat, we ask them to push the limit. If they never get close to pushing the limit in training, then how do they train for combat?
                Simulators.

Comment

Wow. Just wow.

Comment

Wow. Just wow.
                    If that video at Pyramid Lake is a shock or surprise to anyone, you would have been in for a true life changing experience if you had lived in the central valley of California in the mid to late sixties.

Comment

If that video at Pyramid Lake is a shock or surprise to anyone, you would have been in for a true life changing experience if you had lived in the central valley of California in the mid to late sixties.
                      That was 40 years ago. We don't work this way anymore...and for good reason. There is no place in military flying for this kind of behavior and those that try it will either die doing it, or get kicked out when they are exposed for it.

Comment

That was 40 years ago. We don't work this way anymore...and for good reason. There is no place in military flying for this kind of behavior and those that try it will either die doing it, or get kicked out when they are exposed for it.
                        You need to spend some time out in Rachel, Nevada. Go to a place called Coyote Point especially when there is a "Green Flag" on.

I had a F-15E coming right at me on the highway and he was being chased by an aggressor. He was so low the flares he was dropping were hitting the ground before they were lit.

Or seeing a Hind 24 herding cattle in the desert, just west of Area 51.

Stuff goes on, just know one rats them out.

Comment

Geez, lets lighten up a bit Sarg.

At last count 40+ people died doing something simple like eating cantelope!

Comment

Desertdawg and Reever: I'm sorry that you guys just don't seem to 'get it'.

Oh, and I'm not 'Sarg'. I earned my wings and I earned my rank, so if you're going to toss off a sarcastic quip at least be respectful about it. To quote one of my favorite lines from a movie...."Far better people than you have extended that courtesy to me".

I'm done. You go ahead and talk about how cool it is when guys break the rules. Just do me a favor and don't do your flying anywhere near me, okay?

Comment

So one guy got 60 days..........what happened to the other pilot in the second airplane? Does anyone know who these characters were? All these guys did is to show poor judgement and make it just that much harder on the rest of aviation that do things safe and exhibit good judgment daily.
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X