Thanks to Mike Houghton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to Mike Houghton

Something I havn't seen here since that horrible day in September is any support for Mike Houghton. I don't know if Mike reads this site but I hope he sees this. Personally I can imagine that since that day he's had more than the weight of the world on his shoulders. It DOESN"T matter that he's the race director and it's his job one little bit! Right now Mike can use all the good will, good wishes, prayers and THANKS that he can get while the lawyers and liberal media are trying to consume him from the inside out.
    So from the bottom of my heart as one 25 year race fan: THANK YOU Mike and may God be with you.
    Sincerely, William Lee Kohler
    Eugene, Oregon

Re: Thanks to Mike Houghton

Last night in KTVN Channel 2 news there was a short interview with Mike regarding the second lawsuit.

He definately has a full plate. Couple things stood out - first he mentioned that ALL the people that were injured were friends and fans of our sport and secondly, when asked about the future of the air races, he hinted "we are moving forward slowly".

Last edited by Desertdawg; 11-10-2011, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Yes thanks to Mike Houghton for all his hard work he has done. I remember him being at the Al Goss Memorial & how he is devoted to all that fly at the races & the air race community.
      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Mike, if you do come here and read, know that you have not only our thanks but support. If you need anything from us, let us know.
        sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
        http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Comment

Yup, Mike's a stand-up guy. Last year, I know it was a tough call to cancel the Gold due to wind, but it just shows he puts SAFETY
          first. We've all agreed it was a tragic accident. But that's just it...it was an accident. There's a ton of people in his corner.

Comment

Thanks Mike. Keep the Reno Air Championship Races Alive.

Comment

Earlier this year Mike was a finalist in the RSCVA search for a new CEO. No offense to Mike or anybody else, but the fact that he was looking for a new job meant, to me anyway, that all was not well with the air races. On the flip side, maybe he just wanted more money or a change of scenery, who knows?

Comment

just fyi....

1.) Mike is not a pilot.

2.) Mike did not call off the unlimited gold race last year, the unlimited class voted to call it off themselves.
                Last edited by BatGurl; 11-14-2011, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Please don't make Wayne step in. No politics or religion. Don't take things personal when a statement is made. Thanks.
                  Lockheed Bob

Comment

I'm sorry bob, and why is it you think you need to say something?
                    Last edited by BatGurl; 11-14-2011, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BatGurl View Post
                      Okay, let's play nice.

Thanks for trying to maintain the peace, Bob. Wayne has enough to do without babysitting us! lol

sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
                      http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Comment

Originally posted by BatGurl View Post
                        Comon now.. we're all on the same side here....
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                        X