Second lawsuit filed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second lawsuit filed.

Here's a link to a story of the second lawsuit filed in the crash.

Looks like we have another "aeronautics expert" lawyer looking to blame anyone and everyone for the crash.

Re: Second lawsuit filed.

ref: “The aircraft was highly experimental and should have never have been put in this type of event,” he (the lawyer ) said.

How about, "The spectator was ignorant and should have never been put into this type of event by his friends." Then sue the friends......
    not the mechanic that worked on the plane.

Comment

Exactly............
      Last edited by Unlimited Fan; 11-09-2011, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Key phrase used by the attorney: "knew or should have known."

Well, the victim and the friend that brought him to Reno "knew or should have known" that things can break.

Still, my prayers go out to the victim and the families.
        sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
        http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Comment

I wonder what "type of event" the lawyer believes was suitable for this "experimental"?

I wonder what newly built race vehicle or modified existing vehicle, be it plane, boat or car, isn't considered experimental?

They ALL are!

Comment

Yeah...it's "experimental" when you put new tires on your car, or "experimental" when you put new seasonings on your oatmeal.

Sheeeesh.........like I've said before; lawyers......ugh!

Comment

What I really hate about this is I just don't see (unless there is some giant bombshell fact we don't know) who you could fix any blame on.

This really was a "stuff happens" moment and eveyone that has ever attended a Reno before should have seen there is always a possibility of an airplane injuring a spectator.

If you had never attended you would quickly see that could happen. It's not like there is a giant fence between the course and the specators. A spectator would have every right to assess the risk and leave if they weren't comfortable with their own safety. Heck, the race folks will even refund your ticket price!

And the whole "experiemental" lameness! The whole attraction of the event is to see highly modified experimental race craft on the course.

The sad lawsuits just make a tragic accident even sadder.

Spacegrrrrl

Comment

A story that isnt all about blaming the races... thought they still suffered losses.

Comment

“These are fast, loud and dangerous races, and event organizers allowed spectators in an area where they were in grave danger of being hit by an aircraft or aircraft parts,” Casey said.

Where exactly should the spectators have viewed the races from? The moon? If I walk down the side of a public road, am I not in grave danger of being hit by a car? Bah, now I'm all pissed off.

Comment

Working...
                  X