Anyone noticed this one on eBay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone noticed this one on eBay?

Thanks for finding that and posting the link.

Comment

I like the idea, but for some reason, I don't like the word "crime" associated with air racing....maybe it's just me. I'd rather have it just say something along the lines of "Support Air Racing" or "I love Air Racing"
      Brian

Comment

I'm with you, Crime doesn't go well with Air Racing. I understand his idea, but I hardly think anybody thinks Air Racing is a crime. I take it literally. I don't notice any "Nascar is not a crime", "F1 Racing is not a crime". I dunno, not a fan of the wording.
        My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

I actually think that this sticker was out long before the accident this year.

You guys may not see the "NASCAR is not a crime" type stuff, but in my neck of the woods there have been shirts/stickers for years that teens/young adults have that say "Skateboarding is not a crime"...in response to the signs posted in the neighborhood parks 'banning' it.

I just felt this was just a play on that, not a statement in response to the accident.

Comment

I think those are being produced by an AAFO member......I remember seeing this one via a link to his/her page. Also had some RR merlin/griffon stickers etc. Then again......that memory could be from another lifetime......long ago.

Kevin

Comment

And whats a P51 seafury racer????

Comment

Originally posted by steve D View Post
                And whats a P51 seafury racer????
                ...a very interesting engineering project for someone with really deep pockets

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
                  I like the idea, but for some reason, I don't like the word "crime" associated with air racing....maybe it's just me. I'd rather have it just say something along the lines of "Support Air Racing" or "I love Air Racing"
                  Brian
                  I've seen them as well, and "air racing" and "crime" in the same sentence makes me cringe.
                  sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
                  http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Comment

If you take his statement at face value, it makes sense. I've had people that I know, who know nothing about air racing, ask questions in such a way that I felt I had to defend not only why I go but the sport in general. Some people only know what they hear on tv, and we all know how a lot of it got twisted pretty quick. Maybe not the perfect way of wording it, but I can see where the sentiment comes from.

"THIS DECAL HAS ONE PURPOSE, TO PRESERVE & PROMOTE AIR RACING. IMMEDIETLY AFTER THE TRAGEDY AT THE RENO AIR RACES THIS YEAR THE MEDIA BEGAN TO SPREAD FALSE INFORMATION ABOUT THE ACCIDENT, EVENT, PILOT AND THE AIRCRAFT. THIS HAS CAST A DARK SHADOW OVER THE SPORT WHICH IS BASED ON SPECULATION AND OBTAINING VIEWER RATINGS ONLY. THIS HAS CAUSED MANY PEOPLE TO START VIEWING THE RACES AS RECKLESS AND DANGEROUS ALTHOUGH THE RACES HAVE A PERFECT 47 YEAR RECORD FOR SPECTATOR SAFETY UNTIL THIS YEAR. THIS DECAL MEANS NO DISRESPECT TO THOSE DIRECTLY EFFECTED. IT IS SIMPLY A DECAL TO DEFEND AND SUPPORT THE LAST AIR RACE IN THE WORLD."

Comment

Ordered two today after reading about that salivating attorney in Houston. They make me sick.
                      "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

Just ordered mine. My little lady and I are already making our plans for next year...our first races
                        "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
                        -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

Working...
                        X