Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Air racing Group special meeting

To all NAG members and friends who may not have read the recent NAG Rag:

A special meeting of National Air racing Group (NAG) has been called for Saturday, Nov. 5, 2001, at 2:00 PM, at the Denny's in Livermore.

The Main Topic: How the Sept. 16th accident may affect NAG.

Denny's is located at 2259-2263 Las Positas Road, Livermore, CA, near the N. Livermore exit of Hwy 580.

Re: National Air racing Group special meeting

I can't get the DeLorean up to 88 miles an hour any more, so y'all carry on without me.

Comment

Can't be there but I hope the conclusion is we all remain air racing entusiasts and "Carry on! Business as usual!"

For folks that can't attend can anyone share some of the thoughts about how NAG could be affected?

Spacegrrrl

Comment

I always look forward each year to find Betty in "The Shack" and re-up my membership every September. I wasn't sure how this was going to work out this year, but this event would be a great time to re-up. Can that happen, Betty, or should I just send my check in the mail?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramjets View Post
          I always look forward each year to find Betty in "The Shack" and re-up my membership every September. I wasn't sure how this was going to work out this year, but this event would be a great time to re-up. Can that happen, Betty, or should I just send my check in the mail?
          I am not a Pollyanna when I say we will be there next September, more a cock-eyed optimist. All the volunteers under my supervision have written to say their shirts are washed and ready for next year. I have just received a contract for next years' race week rooms at Circus for my Cascade Warbirds' stay. I would say there are lots of believers ouyt there. Dues are payable at staggered dates, but can be paid anytime and at any NAG function or meeting. Speaking of which, the Annual NAG Banquet is in the planning and a speaker has been contacted, so a date will be announced as soon as he has looked at his schedule. Always around the first week-end in March at Francesco's in Oakland and open to non-members as well.
          s far as the special NAG meeting coming shortly, the agenda is as I stated.
          NAG has a presence at the races and we need to see what the future holds.
          We are also looking for some more active participation of members, especially since all your officers are getting greyer hair and longer in the tooth. Come get involved!!
          Betty

Comment

I am trying to figure out how to make this meeting, so far it doesnt look good. Still havent been able to make the dinner either ... sigh...

Curt $

Comment

I wont be able to make it eather and i am on the bord when i first got word of it i thought i could make it but i need 3 weeks a vance form work but possible will be at the Banquit by the way Better my shirts are washed too got them back last week when the car was ready. all the best Shawn

Comment

Sorry I can't make it even though that Denny's is only about 5 limes from my house. Previous commitment. I hope NAG continues and throws it's full support behind continued air racing in Reno and anywhere else. Let me know if I can help.
                Bill Garnett
                InterstellarDust
                Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Thanks Bill. Watch for the announcement of the date, time, place and Speaker at the NAG Annual Banquet, coming up near the first of March.
                  We will be back voluteering at the NCAR when that is announced as well. Think Positive!!!
                  Betty

Comment

Anything to share from this meeting Betty?

limes?
                    Bill Garnett
                    InterstellarDust
                    Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Nothing newsworthy. NAG will still be staunch supporters of RARA and the NCAR.
                      Our purpose, as stated in our By-laws, is to support air racing. Over the years the way we do that has changed. We ho longer have races all over the Country and we would have to scramble to put together an "officiating team", but we volunteer at the NCAR with our NAG Express and the Docent program for the RARA Foundation. We have members in Section 3, out on the pylons, in the fantastic photogs in the Press. and members of pit crews, and many of the race pilots.
                      We talk up the races and encourage sponsors to step up. We are upbeat and plan to be in Reno in 2012.

Comment

Working...
                      X