Idea for ribbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for ribbon

just an idea .... could see pins, decals, etc...

Attached Files

Re: Idea for ribbon

That's it. It all came together now. I can totally picture this on the left chest of a tee shirt with GG11 incorporated in your ribbon so all are honored and recognized and xmh53wrench's design on the back. It's perfect. I'd buy a bunch. Proceeds to the victims. Know anyone that can make something like this? I'd like to help.
    Chris
    Last edited by hm66sk; 10-22-2011, 10:48 AM.
    "And if they stare, just let them burn their eyes on your moving."

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Mc. View Post
      just an idea .... could see pins, decals, etc...

Magnetic ribbons for the car. And yes, as a lapel pin. Now, we need to find someone to make them...
      sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
      http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Comment

Not trying to be a wet blanket here...but has anyone asked the family how they feel about this?

I understand the want to help, but putting GG11 on something at a time when things are still raw, still under investigation, and quite frankly lawyers are still 'manning up', perhaps the Leeward's may not want this kind of attention....regardless of the intent to help the victims.

**as I re-read this after I posted it, I wanted to add...not saying this isn't a wonderful gesture...just either do it WITH the blessing of the family, or do it in a way that doesn't have a reference to the GG on it. Make sense?**
        Last edited by Big_Jim; 10-22-2011, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
          Not trying to be a wet blanket here...but has anyone asked the family how they feel about this?

I understand the want to help, but putting GG11 on something at a time when things are still raw, still under investigation, and quite frankly lawyers are still 'manning up', perhaps the Leeward's may not want this kind of attention....regardless of the intent to help the victims.

**as I re-read this after I posted it, I wanted to add...not saying this isn't a wonderful gesture...just either do it WITH the blessing of the family, or do it in a way that doesn't have a reference to the GG on it. Make sense?**
          You are entirely correct. In the effort to help and ensure nothing and no one is left out, we sometimes overlook things like this. Thanks for your thoughts and input.
          Last edited by hm66sk; 10-22-2011, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post

I, concur, the decal has become a way bigger deal than I ever thought. After thinking this over last night, I figured I would make up 5 of them, send them to the Air Ranch in Florida, with a note of what I'm doing, and ask for their blessing. If I get a cease and desist, then there will be a few lucky folks out there with a decal, if not then I will press on with the decals.
            Fledgling Air Race and P-51 Junkie

Comment

Deleted my sig for the very reason out of respect.

Comment

Originally posted by sandramore View Post
                Magnetic ribbons for the car. And yes, as a lapel pin. Now, we need to find someone to make them...
                Wait, wait, don't tell me. The Chinese. They'll make anything and do it cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbf4u View Post
                  Wait, wait, don't tell me. The Chinese. They'll make anything and do it cheaper.
                  Groan. Ya know, my former boss used to make a big deal out of the difference between cheaper and less expensive.

Comment

Ahhh yes, the ever penny pinching business owner. "most" by now have seen there is a difference between China cheap, and the rest of the world cheap.

There really is a big difference.

Comment

Working...
                    X