RGJ Story About the Kansas Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RGJ Story About the Kansas Family

Heres a RGJ story about the Kansas family that lost limbs in the Air Race accident.

Re: RGJ Story About the Kansas Family

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
    Heres a RGJ story about the Kansas family that lost limbs in the Air Race accident.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20111018/...text|FRONTPAGE
    An amazing family.
    sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
    http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Comment

Thank you for the link. Airplane people are some kind of people!

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        Thank you for the link. Airplane people are some kind of people!
        That's what I was thinking, John. Aren't air race fans absolutely the best?
        sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
        http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Comment

Great story.........some people just have "Guts"

Comment

This sport, like no other, has fans who LIVE for it. This story, and the piece I read a few days ago about Larry Cruz are so uplifting! I remember feeling so terrible that Friday afternoon, and I was just sitting in a room at the Silver Legacy reading about it on AAFO. Considering the suffering these folks lived through, the fact that they are smiling now and talking about returning next year is a wonderful reminder of the virtues of courage, grace, and humility that are too often forgotten or overshadowed by the "victim culture" that dominates the news today.

Comment

It's just amazing, I have not seen a bitter story yet from those who were so badly injured that it will be life changing..

There is something special here, these stories should be front and center whenever the green light red light discussions which decide the fate of the races take place!

Fans like no other sport, I'm sure of this!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

What I'd love to see is some of these folks favorite race pilots visit them, offer condolences, and share their feelings on what was lost vs. why we do this from both sides. That would make a great story. Of course it's not controversial so the news doesn't particularly want that. A lady that I work with had a good point. If people do jump for lawsuits it probably won't be those directly affected by this, but people that live nearby and claim emotional trauma from the "what if that had come within 50 miles of my house" mentality.

Comment

That would be cool.
                  So far all of the negative comments I have heard around town have been from people that were not there, have never been there and have no idea what they are talking about except what they have read.

To be honest, the "drama" of the event has died down faster than the MAII crash it seems.
                  Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                  thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Guts, that's what I thought too.
                    Chris...

Comment

Working...
                    X