Governor's Nevada Day fundraising banquet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Governor's Nevada Day fundraising banquet

Here's the scoop. Nevada Day, Inc., who is responsible for putting on the Nevada Day parade, has teamed up with the Governor's office, the IHOP shooting fund from Carson City, and our Think Kindness Family Assistance Fund to raise money for the two funds.

The banquet is Thursday, October 27th @ 6:00pm. Tickets are only $40. Dress is semi-formal, whatever the heck that means. (I think it means a clean air race t-shirt!)

Tickets can be purchased online at: Nevada Governor's banquet.

Tickets are will-call. If you live in the area and want to pick tickets up, the pickup locations are listed on the above website. 100% of the proceeds will be split between the two funds.

I'd love for as many of you to come to the dinner as possible. This is our first opportunity to come out in support of RARA and the continuing of the races in 2012. There'll be so many politicians there, that a full house will help get our message across loud and clear.

Mike Houghton and Val have been invited by the Governor. We would really like to see the air races represented, which means I need some help. All air race pilots are invited to come, particularly Unlimited pilots. I know some of you live close to them or have closer relationships than I do. I'm asking that you forward on the Governor's invite. We'll be giving them a call, but a little nudge and a good word from you will no doubt help.

How visible they are is strictly up to them. They can be introduced, or simply allowed to be be part of the crowd, whatever they'll comfortable with.

Stewart will be live streaming the dinner, and KTVN Channel 2 will be broadcasting the live feed as well.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a PM or give me a call.

Thanks everyone. I hope to see all of you!
    Last edited by sandramore; 10-17-2011, 08:50 PM.
    sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
    http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Re: Governor's Nevada Day fundraising banquet

An update: KOLO has rolled. They're helping, no advertising needed. So, well done! Keep hammering away at everyone else!

----

Okay everyone, I need your help again. The media in Reno is failing to cover this upcoming banquet. They want us to purchase advertising as though this were a concert or something. They're failing to grasp that this is a follow up on their precious crash story. Apparently if we don't promise them a shooting at the banquet, or an airplane falling through the roof, it just isn't important enough to qualify as news.

The coverage is essential if we're to fill the seats. Please send email or phone these media folks and hammer on them about the need to make sure the public knows about this event.

And feel free to tell the people at KOLO that they're a bunch of jerks for firing Stewart because he wouldn't turn over the crash video.

Reno Gazette Journal
    John Maher – President
    johnmaher@reno.gannett.com
    jmaher@rgj.com
    (775) 788-6236

Beryl Love – Executive Editor
    Blove@rgj.com
    (775) 788-6596

Nevada Appeal
    (775) 881-7373 – Main number in Carson City
    Phone Number: 775-882-2111
    E-Mail: editor@nevadaappeal.com

Publisher - Mark Raymond

Dennis Noone - Editor
    Phone Number: 775-881-1221
    E-Mail: dnoone@nevadaappeal.com

Newsroom
    Jim Grant - Photographer
    Phone Number: 775-881-1222
    E-Mail: jgrant@nevadaappeal.com

Sandi Hoover - City Reporter
    Phone Number: 775-881-1211
    E-Mail: shoover@nevadaappeal.com

Adam Trumble - News Editor
    Phone Number: 775-881-1224
    E-Mail: atrumble@nevadaappeal.com

Americom Broadcasting

(Sunny 106.9, Alice @ 96.5, 103.7 The River, Bob FM, KBZZ 1270AM radio station group)
    (775) 829-1964

Daniel Cook – General Manager
    dcook@renoradiorep.com

Scott Siedenstricker – Owner

Since KOLO has offered to help (again, well done all of you), I've removed their contact info.

Call KRNV Ch. 4 instead!

Main Office: 775-322-4444
    Newsroom: 775-785-1210

Management:
    Mary Beth Farrell, General Manager: mfarrell@MyNews4.com
    Matt McConico, News Director: mmcconico@MyNews4.com
    John Finkbohner, Operations Manager: jfinkbohner@MyNews4.com
    Last edited by sandramore; 10-18-2011, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Okay, KRNV is on board. That makes all the Reno news channels. Now we just need the newspapers. Even if you're coming to the thread this evening, please send them an email, call and leave voicemail.

This feels like the polls that we voted on to turn the stats in our favor! lol

Comment

Originally posted by sandramore View Post
        Okay, KRNV is on board. That makes all the Reno news channels. Now we just need the newspapers. Even if you're coming to the thread this evening, please send them an email, call and leave voicemail.

This feels like the polls that we voted on to turn the stats in our favor! lol
        For what it's worth, Mary Beth Farrell at KRNV Channel 4 can be found in most recent air race programs in the RARA Board of Directors section. Getting her on board should've been as simple as a phone call. Also, Channel 4 is a pretty big sponsor of the races.

MB is a great proponent of the races and does a fantastic job in official and unofficial roles.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcraigarcher View Post
          For what it's worth, Mary Beth Farrell at KRNV Channel 4 can be found in most recent air race programs in the RARA Board of Directors section. Getting her on board should've been as simple as a phone call. Also, Channel 4 is a pretty big sponsor of the races.

MB is a great proponent of the races and does a fantastic job in official and unofficial roles.
          I think the newspapers are the bigger problem. They all seem to believe that we should either buy advertising space, or that a tiny blurb in their events column is enough. But, I know AAFOers can convince them otherwise. lol

Comment

I wanted to give everyone a quick update.

Along with the gorgeous photographs that our photographers have donated, we also will be auctioning the following:

Sherman Smoot has donated 2 cases of his Bella Luna wine,
            Jim Pera is donating Warbird Pin-up Wine,
            John Witt of Aviation Jewelry Designs has donated a 3D P-51 pendant, Reno Flying Service has kicked in a flight lesson,
            and our own AAFOer Kahnzilla has donated his "planetoons".

And Stewart and I aren't done yet!

We still need your help to nudge the newspapers into providing publicity for the event so we can fill the room. And if you can think of a company that might be willing to donate an item or a service, especially if they're aviation related, please feel free to call them and ask, and let me know if they say yes so we can make sure they get credit.

Comment

Sandra, Great job as always. I probably will not be able to go as I will be flying ( sitting on reserve at that time) so I bought 2 tickets anyway. Hope to see you and if not will see you in Sept. Hugs, Eric

Comment

Originally posted by AiRick View Post
                Sandra, Great job as always. I probably will not be able to go as I will be flying ( sitting on reserve at that time) so I bought 2 tickets anyway. Hope to see you and if not will see you in Sept. Hugs, Eric
                I've got my fingers crossed that you'll be able to make it. If not, let's plan on getting together before September.

Hugs back,
                Sandra

Comment

Two cases of Bella Luna Wine just arrived on my doorstep. Thanks, Sherm!!

Comment

This would be cool for an auction itemhttp://www.winetouroregon.com/Auctions.html Ill pay the $328 if you can do the paper work... Hugs
                    Last edited by AiRick; 10-21-2011, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AiRick View Post
                      This would be cool for an auction itemhttp://www.winetouroregon.com/Auctions.html Ill pay the $328 if you can do the paper work... Hugs
                      Sent you a PM.

Hugs back!

Comment

SandraMore,

Sent you a PM.

Comment

I'm throwing a request out there, to all of you who have connections with any air race team.

We would like to be able to auction air race gear at the banquet. I'm hoping each team will donate one t-shirt or cap for the auction.

Can anyone give me a hand with this?

Comment

I'm throwing a request out there, to all of you who have connections with any air race team.

We would like to be able to auction air race gear at the banquet. I'm hoping each team will donate one t-shirt or cap for the auction.

Can anyone give me a hand with this?
                            So far I've heard from Thom Richard, Jessica Sanders, and the Sparky air race team. Thanks so much to them. Please guys, make a phone call for me. Who else is likely to have a team t-shirt they'd be willing to donate?

I know the problem isn't that they aren't willing, it's that they haven't heard I'm asking.
                            Last edited by sandramore; 10-22-2011, 04:55 PM.

Comment

So far I've heard from Thom Richard, Jessica Sanders, and the Sparky air race team. Thanks so much to them. Please guys, make a phone call for me. Who else is likely to have a team t-shirt they'd be willing to donate?

I know the problem isn't that they aren't willing, it's that they haven't heard I'm asking.
                              More donations: Race #17 "Parrot Head", Race #18 "Sneak Attack" and Race #19 "Boise Bee". Thank you!

Now, if I can get a bit of Strega gear...

Comment

Working...
                              X