NEVADA RACING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEVADA RACING

Well I am sure you must have heard by now. I was there at the 13th lap and only can say, my God again and what a great racer / person. Thanks, KC

Re: NEVADA RACING

Originally posted by KAHNZILLA View Post
    Well I am sure you must have heard by now. I was there at the 13th lap and only can say, my God again and what a great racer / person. Thanks, KC
    Another man doing what he loved. My prayers go out to his family.
    sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
    http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Comment

Originally posted by KAHNZILLA View Post
      He was absolutely one of the finest--a terrible loss. I was there as well and I can't begin to describe the violence of the wreck. I'm amazed more serious injuries weren't sustained by the others involved.

Comment

Truly an absolutely tragic year in motorsports for the Silver State. Wheldon was a master practicing his craft and like Jimmy and those that preceeded him on their Eternal Flights West, he is in good company. Sincerest condolences to the Wheldon family as well as the IndyCar family. In addition to my addiction to Air Racing, I, like many, many of my fellow AAFO'ers I'm sure, have been a fan or open-wheel racing for many years.

This last month has been extremely tough on those of us who support the sports of man (not in the gender-sense)and machine.

Perhaps the winter season cannot some soon enough. May we all lick our wounds and heal our hearts.

Rest peaceful Dan Wheldon...your race has been run.

With a Heavy Heart...
        Last edited by Air Boss; 10-16-2011, 06:50 PM.
        Owen Ashurst
        Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
        http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Dan was a true great of his sport.. He will surely be missed.. As an indy car fan, I'm deeply saddened once again this year.. Here's to you Dan!

Comment

Deeply saddened by the Indy Race as I watched it on TV. I'm also a car race follower. Sympathy to the Dan Weldon family & friends.The announcer later on said "Thats why I always say till we meet again & never goodby as it is so final".
            Lockheed Bob

Comment

To his widow, may the Lord help you...
              To the IndyFans....we know how you feel right now and think of you.
              To my friend who couldnt make it to Reno this year but who crewed for his relative Davey Hamilton at Vegas....I am thinking of you, too.
              (and it is amazing looking at the footage that more drivers weren't hurt.)

Comment

Dan Wheldon driving race #77, the original # of Jimmy's GG. Weird, what are the odds?

My prayers go out to his family.

Comment

It's kind of surreal. Five days ago I was at the Indy 500 Museum at the track and was looking at his portrait on the back wall for his win in May....and the name on the Borg-Warner Trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin L View Post
                    Dan Wheldon driving race #77, the original # of Jimmy's GG. Weird, what are the odds?

My prayers go out to his family.
                    And one month to the day.... :'(

Comment

Here's another racer returning home from Nevada when their plane crashed: http://www.aero-news.net/Subscribe.c...9-41772385c7a2

Comment

We also had 2 that died in the Silver State Classic open road challenge back in September.

The Silver State Classic Challenge had a brush with tragedy on Sunday when two competitors lost their lives competing in the event. According to the Nye County Sherriff's Office, 53-year-old driver Richard DeKneef of California and his co-driver, 41-year-old Merille Hill of Ely, Nevada were both killed on Sunday when their Chevrolet Camaro blew a tire, rolled several times and caug

Its been a bad year for motorsports.

I feel sorry for the kids left behind.

Comment

Just found this:

Next year, every driver in the IndyCar Series will be driving the new Dallara chassis. But one pilot already had a wealth of experience in the new car: the late Dan Wheldon.

Maybe RARA will come up with something in honor of Jimmy, he truly touched a lot of people.

Comment

I just happened to turn the TV on, saw there was a race. It had been an hour and a half after the crash. From the first couple of minuets I saw I knew what ever happened was very bad, an hour and a half and they hadn't restarted the race? There waiting word from the hospital? There not replaying any of the crash?

What struck me was the commentators talking about knowing the risks, but this is what we do, no mater the out come the sport will learn from this, become safer and stronger..............

I realize no spectators where injured, but I doubt there is a fraction of "This could be the end"

Double standard?

Comment

Working...
                            X