Oshkosh Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oshkosh Photos

Here is some Oshkosh stuff from Saturday. As for the technicals, all were shot on film with an EOS 3 or ElanIIe with a 70-200 f/ 2.8L, or 28-70 f/2.8L.

First here is EAA's B-17 Aluminum Overcast in a headon shot. The plane is a little dark. Tried to bring in out in PS but it just did not look right.

B-17 again

Another B-17 shot

Comment

B-17

Another as it lands.

Comment

Crazy!!

Here is Jimmy Franklin's jet powered Waco after a SHORT takeoff roll!!

Comment

P-51's

Here are a few P-51 shots. I try to usually do somthing different than the standard side shot that includes the whole plane.

Comment

Sweet Revenge

I don't know about this one. First I cropped the prop tip by accident, so I cropped it more in PS, and the two people in the shot I don't like. I have not learned to clone out people yet, just dust specs.

Comment

More Sweet Revenge

This one I am really happy with though.

Comment

Took the liberty to "work" the image a bit...

Originally posted by T. Adams
                I don't know about this one. First I cropped the prop tip by accident, so I cropped it more in PS, and the two people in the shot I don't like. I have not learned to clone out people yet, just dust specs.
                I don't actually use PS to clone, I use a (very) old copy of Paint Shop Pro, just because it's easier to use.. other than it does not have multiple undo... (which can really be a problem sometimes) I find the interface much easier to deal with doing "fudging by clone"

It's not really a matter of learning how either, it's just a "goof around and do" thing.. I find that, at least in PSP, if I work very small (small selection) at first on a very overzoomed image, and work out the details around the edges, then it works best.. Also, working in a huge image first, then resizing will take away a lot of little details that might show up.

I agree that trying to get shots at OSH without shooting "airplanes with legs" or full people in the shots can be maddening! It was so hard, I gave up and just didn't go this year (just kidding..... the budget wouldn't support three years in a row!)

Anyway... nice shots! You guys saved me the trip this time!

With the phone messages I got from Jeff Lo while he was there with the sound effects, it was almost as good as going!

Thanks guys!

Wayne
                Attached Files
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                X