Found this online. Re: Matt Jackson's assessment of the GG crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found this online. Re: Matt Jackson's assessment of the GG crash

Brand new user here and proud to be. Not trying to stir the pot with Matt, just wanted to post this link for others to see.

I understand the screening process for new users Wayne, makes perfect sense to me. I'm a huge air race fan and I'm happy and honoured to be here.

Re: Found this online. Re: Matt Jackson's assesment of the GG crash

Welcome to the forum.. Interesting in that I wondered about that email (which I've been sent, at least, twice) Kudos to Jeff for getting hold of Matt regarding the authenticity of it and thanks for providing this link.
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I saw a version of that as a forwarded email too...the part where they start talking about the NTSB was much more speculative though...all kinds of stuff floating around out there.

Comment

Sorry, maybe it's because I'm tired. But this struck me as amusing for a number of different reasons.
        sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
        http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Comment

Just noticed I spelled 'assessment' wrong - no editing Wayne ????? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Unlimited Fan View Post
            Just noticed I spelled 'assessment' wrong - no editing Wayne ????? LOL
            Fixed it for ya..
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
              Fixed it for ya..
              Thanks Wayne !

Comment

Re: Found this online. Re: Matt Jackson's assessment of the GG crash

Believe none of what you read and less than 1/2 of what you see...except on AAFO of course!
                Owen Ashurst
                Performer Air Boss - Reno Air Races
                http://airbossone.com/

Comment

Sure looks like a lot of conclusions drawn before facts have come to light!
                  "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Another thing that got me second-guessing the authentisity of the email is, it states, "As the Ghost shot upward the LH aileron trim tab broke loose. This can be heard on the tape, so the trim tab did not cause the accident."

LH aileron trim tab broke loose?

Comment

I remember when I first read the post that it didn't sound like the Matt Jackson we all know. Glad to see it is cleared up and that he didn't write the e-mail.

Comment

Working...
                      X