A Wingman quiz...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Wingman quiz...

It has been a while since I did a quiz here. The question for today is who are these shivering characters and why are they all standing around out here in the cold. Give me names, the occasion, and the year.

As usual, Shawn, Big Jim and Bucky are excluded for now...

Neal

Re: A Wingman quiz...

Here's my guess...

Steve Hinton, John Putman, Tiger, Alan Preston, Skip Holm, Lloyd Hamilton, Sandy Sanders, Bob Hoover -- Gold Race Intro 1987 or 88...

The hidden fellow behind Sandy may be Rick Brickert (?)...

Comment

The one next to Hinton (back to camera) looks like John Maloney.
      Jason
      Jason Schillereff

Comment

'86 Gold introductions. Brings back lots of memories...especially the cold.
        Maloney (looks like him but I don't remember if the Super Corsair raced in the gold that year), Putnam, Hinton, Tiger, Preston, Holm, Hamilton, Brickert, Hoover.
        Last edited by Wingnut; 10-08-2011, 08:31 AM.

Comment

It's no fun when you won't let us play, Neal.... :-)

For the record, Wingnut is right. Super Corsair failed to qualify that year due to engine issues.

I'm thinking that the two Johns--Penney and Dilley--are just out of the shot.

Comment

Y'all are good! Brad -- we know you know it all -- I just wanted to see who else was shivering 25 years (!?!) ago...

That is actually Tom Kelly out of focus on the left in that shot.

So who is this slender young fellow being interviewed in the third shot?

Neal

Comment

Since you did not say I couldn't play, John Penney. Neal if you still have my number please give me a call.
              John
              John Slack

Comment

Hello John -- didn't think of you, or you would have been excluded too! Hope you didn't feel left out...

I can't find your number, so check your private messages.

Neal

Comment

How cool, Neal! I didn't remember that Tom Kelley raced Lou IV in that race. Nice!

Yeah, I was shivering out there alright...I was out at pylon 2 in a t-shirt and shorts, wearing a black garbage bag over my body that some photographer was kind enough to give me.

THAT was the year that truly convinced me to always have a coat within a quick walk no matter what the weather was like at lunch time.

Comment

Brad, I hate to think of how many times over the years that I have had to be retaught that lesson!

Neal

Comment

Wasn't 86 Tsunami's first year racing? Was Skip Holm driving her then?

Comment

OK, someone needs to explain what's going on in that second pic...is Hamilton trying to do some pre-race situps and Skip and Brickert won't let him?
                        Mark Johnson
                        Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by ChadK View Post
                          Wasn't 86 Tsunami's first year racing? Was Skip Holm driving her then?
                          Steve Hinton was running Tsunami. Skip was in Stiletto/Color Tile that year.

Comment

I certainly have no idea -- I just push the buttons on the picture taking machine...

Chad -- 1986 was Tsunami's first year -- with Steve Hinton driving. Skip was still in Stiletto (with Color Tile sponsorship).

Neal

Comment

Thank you very much Neal for posting these pictures!

Jarrod

Comment

Working...
                              X