Jimmy in the MIG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy in the MIG

My apologies if this has already been posted in any of the many great tribute threads, but I got a kick out of seeing this:

A view from the home pylon as Jimmy Leeward lights his afterburner and leaves the field in the dust. *** Our hearts go out to his family and all of those wh...
    Mark Johnson
    Strega Fan since 1997

Re: Jimmy in the MIG

I remember that race very vividly from Box A-72. I don't think that any of us there that day stopped laughing as Jimmy hit the burner (more than once). I laughed again and smiled again as I watched the video.

Thanks for posting it.

Paul

Comment

That race has always stuck in my mind as one of my favorites. I really enjoyed hearing Jimmy talking about lighting the burner in the memorial video for him posted a few threads ago. What a sight to behold, migs in formation, burner on, rounding the pylons! Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Ebehne View Post
        That race has always stuck in my mind as one of my favorites. I really enjoyed hearing Jimmy talking about lighting the burner in the memorial video for him posted a few threads ago. What a sight to behold, migs in formation, burner on, rounding the pylons! Awesome!
        That was Jimmy Leeward at his very best!
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
        X