Box seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Box seats

Basically my question is are they worth it...it seems like they would be a hell of a lot more comfortable that the grandstands but it also seems like you might not be able to see some things. with the way the taxi ways rises in the middle of the field is it impossible to see take offs and landings??? is it even possible to see the back side of the unlimited course and down the valley or do you lose them when they are low. hopefully a box seat veteran can give me the answers before i drop down the $$$
    Thanks
    Bearlover

They are definitely worth it!
    We sat in the bleachers from '87 to '96 and if you're on the bigger side you'll hate it by Sunday.
    Cost wise the boxes are a pretty good bargain, considering the pit passes, parking and cooler service.
    The view is great! I remember Wayne Handley blowing the curtains back with his Raven and the Turbo Raven. You can see everything except for when they park the jet dragster in front.
    You will not regret the upgrade, especially if you can con the company into picking up the tab. (we're still working on it)

Good luck,
    Chris
    Ribcrackers B5

Comment

Yes it is worth it. Nothing is better than reaching down and grabbing a ice cold brew out of your own cooler. Taking your shoes off sitting back and truly enjoying the show.
      Then when the show is over, it is a very short walk to your car, (box seat parking is right behind the tower) I have been coming to Reno for five years now. I have been in a box seat five years now. It is true that you can't always see the plane touch down on the left side of the show.

Steve H

Comment

Wanted: two box seats Thu-Fri

This will be my first visit to Reno for race week: boy am I excited. You guys have convinced me that box seats are the way to go, but I can only be there Thursday and Friday, and only need two seats.

Seems like seats should be available early in the week; is there a clearing house where people who need seats can hook up with people who have extras? Does anyone reading this have space in their box? I tried contacting Don in Alaska about the seats he was trying to sell last week, but never heard back.
        SteveZ

Comment

Reno Box Seats

I have a box with 2 extra seats for the 4 days. If there is interest in purchasing these two tickets let me know.

SteveC

Comment

SteveC's Box Seats

We're only going to be there Thurs-Fri, but if you're willing to split up the tickets and sell Sat-Sun to someone else, I'm interested!

Send me an email off-list: stevez@acm.org
            SteveZ

Comment

Re: Wanted: two box seats Thu-Fri

Originally posted by Kilo Hotel
              This will be my first visit to Reno for race week: boy am I excited. You guys have convinced me that box seats are the way to go, but I can only be there Thursday and Friday, and only need two seats.

Seems like seats should be available early in the week; is there a clearing house where people who need seats can hook up with people who have extras? Does anyone reading this have space in their box? I tried contacting Don in Alaska about the seats he was trying to sell last week, but never heard back.
              Hmmm...I never got your e-mail or it got lost in the crush.

I do have 2 seats still available on Thursday and only one available on Friday. Saturday and Sunday are sold out.

Glad to see you have tickets available from SteveC.

Don Hatten
              Galena, Alaska

Comment

Hattend's box tix

That's odd, Don: I sent two emails spaced a few days apart. The second one bounced, but the first should have made it. Did your inbox fill up?

Too bad about there being only one seat remaining for Friday. I don't think I can justify abandoning my buddy in the bleachers, since it's his airplane that's going to get us to Reno...and I'm not inclined to volunteer to sit there myself ;-)

Depending on how things turn out with SteveC, I may still want your Thursday seats.
                SteveZ

Comment

I was gone for a couple of days but I don't believe the inbox filled up. I'm really sorry. For some reason I missed it. I'm pretty good at answering my e-mail.

Let me know if you need the Thursday ticket.

Sorry again
                  Don

Comment

I am looking for one box seat, all 4 days if possible, but will take less if avialable.
                    Jim.

Comment

I have an extra box seat ticket for Saturday and Sunday. Let me know if that would work. Contact me at
                      archdenver@aol.com

Comment

Steve has you covered on Sat and Sun

...and I have one (1) ticket available for Thursday and Friday (fills the box for Friday)...so you should have all 4 days between SteveC and myself.

If interested, email me at hattend@starband.net

Don

Comment

In all reality, the general admission grandstands are generally not that packed on Thurs/Friday. It's bearable. Saturday and Sunday is another story though. Now, if the number of attendees are up this year from last, it could be a little cramped. You might find yourself wandering around one of the days and hanging out in the pits and the other day sitting down. The ramp from the static display to the end of the pits is a long way!

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Pilotjim
                            I am looking for one box seat, all 4 days if possible, but will take less if avialable.
                            Pilotjim,

Have you gotten your tickets yet? Just wondering if you are still interested.

Don

Comment

anyone interested in splitting a box??? if it s not to late

Comment

Working...
                              X