Entry Lists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entry Lists

I haven't seen anything from RARA on their site in the way of official lists of pilots/planes entered in this year's races, but I did get from Frank Jerant, the president of PRPA, the list of entries accepted for the biplane class a few days ago. There were 25(!) entries that made it in by the deadline, giving us the first full field in recent memory for the biplanes. Certainly the first full field since I started racing (1995). Without any further ado, the list:

Tom Aberle
    Earl Allen
    Richard Beardsley
    Bob Blackwood
    Steve Brown
    Andrew Buehler
    Marilyn Dash
    Mike Davis
    Cris Ferguson
    Jonathon Gourley
    Carl Gruber
    Tony Higa
    Frank Jerant
    Jeff Lo
    Cliff Magee
    Jerry McAfferty
    Guy Paquin
    Byron Roberts
    David Rose
    Jim Smith
    Jason Somes
    J.P. Thibodeau
    Jacqueline Warda
    Jeff Watkins
    Norman Way

Some old familiar names and a number of new ones. Notably absent, a few of the regulars: Robert "One Arm Bandit" Jones, Steve Deckard, Jere Chellin, Dan O'Marro and Del Schulte.

It's going to be a great race!
    Jeff Lo
    Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
    Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Lookin Good!

Jeff,

Thanks for the info! It's nice to see all the Divisions shaping up so well this year.. I can't think of one group that does not have something cool going on that makes this a "must be there" year..

To any new fans reading this, if this is your first year attending Reno, you simply MUST not miss the early races of the day! Some of the most competitive racing you will see will happen in the Biplane and IF1 divisions, both of which will run early.

Thanks again Jeff!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Entry List

RARA has posted the entry list for each class.

The Reno Air Racing Association has been organizing the National Championship Air Races for over 60 years, promoting its storied traditions and pageantry.

All the best, Randy
      Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
      RIP 03/17/10

Comment

I thought Rhino retired! Will Race 45 be ready? And what about Precious? Is Ron driving? Is his new prop faster? Oh boy, I can't wait. Peas
        Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
        World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Rhino is going to be there!

Rhino will arrive with a "Bad Attitude!" Risky is in pieces going thru restoration...check www.unlimitedair.com to see what she looks like now.

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
            And what about Precious? Is Ron driving? Is his new prop faster? Oh boy, I can't wait. Peas
            Just spoke with Ron today... word is... He's running sort of behind schedule because of a move across the airport for his business in Florida but plans on being there and running a conservative week in order to be in top shape for the Nellis show in November..

They are calling the effort this year.. "Precious Metal Lite" as they will not be bringing spare engines or support trailer with...

I'd say, watch for Ron to be there and do better than stated above.... (if I were going out on a limb that is )

Wayne
            PS... he's got a website with "stuff" they would like to sell (shirts, hats, etc..) can't remember the url at the moment but it's in our links section near the top of the page.
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
            X