Wanted: P-51 for 435th FS Reunion in October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: P-51 for 435th FS Reunion in October

Sorry for spamming up your board, Wayne -- I asked this over on another message board, but I thought I'd ask here, too, for the best possible coverage.

This is a serious request for any P-51 owner or pilot who might be interested in bringing their airplane to Moody AFB in Valdosta, Georgia, for the 60th anniversary reunion of the 479FG/435th FS the weekend of 17 October 2003.

We don't have much to offer in terms of paying your way, but we can offer gas and a place to stay, plus the interest of many veterans and current USAF pilots in attendance. Since this is not a USAF Heritage Flight event, we're not able to get those aircraft to attend using that organization -- hence the request here.

Anyone interested, please drop me a line and we can talk specifics. I am an AT-38C instructor pilot with the 435th currently.

Thanks!

Capt Randy "Hacker" Haskin
    randall.haskin@moody.af.mil
    haskin@bellsouth.net

Re: Wanted: P-51 for 435th FS Reunion in October

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
    Sorry for spamming up your board, Wayne
    Randy, not spamming, that's what the board is for. Good luck! You might want to check with Vlado Lenoch, not sure if he'd be able to fit it into his schedule, but he's very good about appearances.

Shoot me a private and I'll send his email (if it's still same) to you..

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

put the word out to Stallion 51 in Kiss.

I just sent an email off to Candace at Stallion 51 in Kissimme, Fla. hoping they would be in the loop to an ace in a stang who would like to fly in and make an appearance. I hope they have more than one show.
      Randy Rheinschild
      www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

I will work on getting a Mustang or two for your reunion. One of our students has four Mustangs in Savannah, so we should be able to get him to go to Valdosta. Please give me a call at 407-846-4400 and we can discuss the particulars.

Best regards,

Candace Bennage
        Stallion 51 Corporation
        Candace@Stallion51.com

Comment

Thanks immensely for your help, all!

For what it's worth, I'm also trying to get the Glacier Girl to fly in and Cutter Cutshall to bring in his Hun.

The goal is to get at least one of every aircraft my squadron has flown -- Mustang, Lightning, F-86, F-100, F-104, and F-4.

Sharkbait, one of the Starfighters team who was killed recently in the Hawker Hunter crash, was a veteran of the 435th (in one of the photos on the Starfighters.net website, you can see his Black Eagle patch on the right breast of his flightsuit), and pledged to bring one of his jets down....I'm hoping his partner will attend so we can also remember Sharkbait as one of the greats.

Comment

Sounds like a heck of a party Randy! Good luck on getting it all dialed.

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
            X