Boise Bee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boise Bee

At times like this it's kind of hard to remember that we did have some Racing this year, and that a lot of folks committed serious time and money to get to Reno to race. Over the next few days, as time permits, I'm going to try to get some of my (few) favourites up.

My freinds from Nampa, Idaho brought three remarkable machines to Reno -- I really can't pick a favorite but this one looked quite wonderful out there...

Neal

Re: Boise Bee

Gorgeous photo, Neal.

Btw, how the hell are you? I haven't seen you since... just before I married Ted Curiel. Is life treating you well?
    Last edited by sandramore; 09-23-2011, 10:17 PM.
    sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
    http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Comment

Beautiful shot, Neal. Were you out on the east side?

Comment

Thanks! This shot was done on Thursday, from Pylon 2.

That was a very long time ago, Sandy, considering that Ted now has a couple of kids about grown up! I'm doing very well, under the circumstances -- This was my 35th Reno, I think. I'm happily retired and very happily married these days, and wondering what I'll be doing next September! I really hope I'll be doing the same things I've done every September since 1976...

Neal

Comment

Originally posted by wingman View Post
          Thanks! This shot was done on Thursday, from Pylon 2.

That was a very long time ago, Sandy, considering that Ted now has a couple of kids about grown up! I'm doing very well, under the circumstances -- This was my 35th Reno, I think. I'm happily retired and very happily married these days, and wondering what I'll be doing next September! I really hope I'll be doing the same things I've done every September since 1976...

Neal
          I know, where does the time go? I've got two granddaughters. lol I'd heard you were married. For you, there's no such thing as retired. And don't worry, I think next September will still see air races in Reno, and you taking more gorgeous pictures. I'm determined to think positively.

If you talk to Ted, give him my love.
          Last edited by sandramore; 09-23-2011, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sandramore View Post
            I know, where does the time go? I've got two granddaughters. lol I'd heard you were married. For you, there's no such thing as retired. And don't worry, I think next September will still see air races in Reno, and you taking more gorgeous pictures. I'm determined to think positively.

If you talk to Ted, give him my love.
            Morning Sandy,

I've always wondered what happened to you. Now I know. At least your are still vertical, (smile) which is a good thing.

Congratulations on the Grand Kids.

Ted was there this year as he has been for every year just like Neal,s Bucky and myself and many others that you know.

Good to hear that you are still interested in air racing.

If there are races this coming September, give a thought to coming out I'd love to see you and do some catching up.

Willie

Comment

I've often wondered the same about you guys. Trust me, I'll be there in September. Give my love to everyone, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by sandramore View Post
                I've often wondered the same about you guys. Trust me, I'll be there in September. Give my love to everyone, okay?
                OK Sandy I will.

See You in September at the NCAR.

Willie

Comment

Hi Neal,

Great photo...thank for posting it! I'm glad to see you are here posting. All of us racers rely on you photographers to see the conditions of our planes in flight and on the course..ie. doors open, trim tabs, oil canning, fairings, etc. but that's not why I'm glad to see you here posting.

I saw Birghitta on Fri. afternoon and she had not been able to find you yet. She was obviously very worried and I felt horrible for her. You are both incredibly kind people and I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to visit this year. You are both always welcome in Idaho as well in out pit.

JC
                  Last edited by JCP; 09-25-2011, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Thanks JC! Birgitta got recruited instantly when she got back from Pylon 5 to go to the scene on the ramp to counsel traumatised (but physically unhurt) victims and witnesses. I got back from Pylon 4 a bit later so didn't get to see her before she was whisked off. I think she knew on some level that I must be fine, but how can you not worry about someone you love??

I kept going by your pit, but you were never there. I spent time with your folks, and saw the Lanes, but no JC. Your Mom is truly a great Lady!

I really feel bad for you folks, and many other competitors up and down the ramp. As well as losing a friend and fellow competitor, so many people spent so much time, energy, and money to get to Reno to have a good time -- only to have it all turn so sour...

Have a great winter, with lots of flying and good times with friends and family when weather permits!

Neal

Comment

Working...
                    X