Moved Threads - Private Group - Application Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moved Threads - Private Group - Application Process

A long while ago, we created a special - request only - section on the forum list. This private group was created in order to spare people who did not want to read or even see certain topics via their default membership, it is also now being used to keep "private" discussions among our close-knit group unavailable to the open Internet and world news services during the healing process.

I will approve all requests which are from members who have been here and have a good history.. in other words, people I'm reasonably sure will not pull quotes out of this section and send them out to the world.

You may request to join by clicking on your "User CP" link right above the lower google ad on the far left of the menu bar... and then clicking on the "networking/Group memberships" link, or, CLICK HERE

There were, originally, two memberships... "read only" which was an automatically approved request, then approval process... Obviously, this would not work currently as it allows anyone with a membership to see this section simply by checking a box. There is now only a single choice, which requires someone from the forum admin group (I think only me) to approve the request. I have to apologize for the next step, if you had a previous "read only" group membership, you will have to request a full membership as I deleted that group prior to copying the member list and upgrading them.

Using this link/request system allows me to approve multiple requests simply by checking boxes and hitting a button.

Please try to use this method, rather than PM'ing me, I can make it happen much easier via this route.. (mass approvals, rather than member lookup/change properties for each request.)

I'd like to add a special thanks to everyone who visits the AAFO.COM Hangartalk message system for your extraordinary understanding and participation here!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Moved Threads - Private Group - Application Process

Wayne,
    Where exactly is this message board? If/When a person becomes approved does it then show up under the message boards if they are logged in?

Bryan

Comment

Working...
    X