A place for private conversations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A place for private conversations?

Does anyone know a "non-public" forum or some other place where some of us could have a "private" exchange of thoughts?

I have at least one thing I've noticed in photos that I'd need to discuss with someone as I try and sort this experience out for myself but for the time being I've decided not to openly post things that speculate in these forums (honoring the plea of several of the more respected board participants).

So should I post in the closed section of this board? Or is the another place for private conversations?

Spacegrrrl

Re: A place for private conversations?

Sounds like you want Wayne to install a chat-room.

$
    "Man was meant to fly -- the earth is for worms!"
    Martin Caidin

Comment

There is a closed section in the board but I think it fell into dissuse. Wondering if anyone still looks in there.

Spacegrrrrl

Comment

I think we saw the same thing.
        Last edited by DWYER; 09-21-2011, 04:33 PM.
        My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

You can send private messages, I think we've been private enough before the accident.

Comment

There is a request only, approved only section on the board.. I believe it's called "hard core" something or other.... submit requests to join, I'll do my best to keep up with approvals... Chat room is possiblity as well.. but VERY hard for me to keep tabs on and I really HAVE to keep tabs...

I'm about to finish the last leg of my trip back to my beloved Pacific Ocean condo... where I can find some peace.. I'll probably be back on line around sevenish.

Some of you are already in that approved group (harrdcore) I'll set anyone whom has been here for a while and is trusted as approved as soon as I see them there.

Point on the approval process is.. I HAVE to make it approval only or the media and leaches can get to it... search engines see it.... etc...

Gotta hit the road.

I can sincerely say, I love you guys and gals who come here!
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

There is the restricted forums, and PMs.

The restricted forums are still there, and I believe you have to be approved to view/post there. Might be a good place to talk and share things about the events leading up to the crash.

and I have studied a certain pic post here, as well and it disturbs me.

wolfee

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                I can sincerely say, I love you guys and gals who come here!
                Hugs Wayne!

Spacegrrrl

Comment

I was there, and I agree that we all need someone to talk to. But right now, I believe that everything we say will be taken out of context. I have been flooded with emails and cell phone messages since the accident. I am having issues sleeping, and have found solice in doing what Wayne suggested. I have taken extra time to explain my "feelings" and my experiences over the last 20 years of watching air racing. My immediate reaction to the obvious questions are to try to "educate" the "LAY" person that what we have been experiencing for the last "NUMEROUS" years is like trying to explain why I choose a particular "Religion". We will all have to wait until the "FEDS" get done blasting the format, and we will never be at Reno again and not have the felling we all had, even though it will have been blurred by time. The best thing I have found since I got back home, is to get back to work in my workshop rebuilding my 1943 Beech Staggerwing. I also know not everyone has the opportunity to work on a "Staggerwing", but I would be open to, and invite everyone on the forum, any and all of my AAFO friends to come out and help me!!!! Thanks Wayne, for your insight, and your dedication to the website, and I will sign off, and just watch!!!
                  I will always have a soft spot in my heart for what we experienced, not the bad stuff, just the feeling of being amongst friends at Reno once a year!!!!

From
                  The guy from Texas!!!!

Comment

Thanks Wayne, for your insight, and your dedication to the website, and I will sign off, and just watch!!!

HERE HERE WAYNE! And I hope we see pictures of that Beech S'Wing soon!
                    Last edited by rwflyboy; 09-22-2011, 12:23 PM. Reason: spelling mindless errors.
                    Randy Rheinschild
                    www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

I've definitely decided to not post anything other than the "feelings" part of this experience in the public forums, I have posted a few speculation things in the private forums and some PMs.

I can't sleep and have been useless at work for the most part. Still have a six second loop in my head.

This weekend I think I am going to spend a long day at the local museum of flight and think about why I love aviation, the people and the machines. How the dream of flying is in our very nature and reflect on what happens when the best of us sometime get too close to the sun.

Thanks to everyone here that is part of this community, I can't imagine trying to get through this without you all.

Spacegrrl

Comment

Working...
                      X