Mustang Survivors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang Survivors

I just got a copy of this excellent book at my local Barnes & Noble store.Paul Coggan has done an outstanding job of documenting civil P-51s and the Reno racers are well covered. There are about 350 photos in 174 pages with good color and B&W printing quality.

The ISBN is 1-85780-135-0. Midland Publishing, England, 2003. Any bookstore can order it for you.

Amazon has it

Available at Amazon.com here:

Comment

Racing Mustang Survivors

With the configuration change of Voodoo, Stilletto, Sumthin Else, the retirement of Strega and other changes to the Mustang ranks...

How many racing Mustang Survivors are there. This is aircraft in Race Configuration?

Comment

Re Racing Photos

I don't know for sure but a guess would be 50 or more.

Comment

try looking at :

......they have quite a list!
          Mayday51
          Jim Gallagher

Comment

List Of Books?

I guess you are refering to the list of books about the Mustang. When it comes to Mustang Survivors it just links you to Amazon who in turn state that it is "out of print". That doesn't make much sense for a book that has only been out a few months. I think you have to translate that to they don;t have any and go look elsewhere.

Comment

Reno Store

Wayne: I haven't been to Reno in ten years so maybe it is gone by now but I used to always go to an aviation bookstore on the north side of the street that goes to Reno Airport. It was in a small shopping mall and wasn't very big but was packed with aviation books. Can you check it out?

Comment

Re: Reno Store

Originally posted by Bill Larkins
                Wayne: I haven't been to Reno in ten years so maybe it is gone by now but I used to always go to an aviation bookstore on the north side of the street that goes to Reno Airport. It was in a small shopping mall and wasn't very big but was packed with aviation books. Can you check it out?
                Bill,

Not sure where that would be? Assuming Reno-Tahoe? (the downtown one)

Anyone else got a "20" on this store?

The question that someone up a few posts made was referencing "racing" mustangs... Those are about as rare as lost treasure these days. If you count "Risky Business" as a "racing" mustang, then we're even one less than last year. With Voodoo going "stock" That would leave, just from what I can pull off the top of my head:

Strega: Status as a "racing" mustang unknown at this time.
                Dago Red: Full on race trim, ready to rock.
                Galloping Ghost/LARS: In a hangar, still in race trim but not in flight ready condition.
                Miss America: Status unknown, may be much more "racing" mustang than ever before.

What's left guys? Any more "racing" Stangs you guys can think of???

Pretty darn SHORT list!

Wayne
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Preciuos Metal? Merlins Magic? Anything Mustang that shows up or just modified....
                  We need definition!!
                  The book and mustangsmustangs.com are both excellent sources to track the history of your favorite mustang.
                  I have an older release of "Mustang Survivors" and it is a well orginized and easy to follow listing. Mine is well worn and marked up with updates.
                  The website is very good and it's mystery mustang section a lot of fun for mustang fans.
                  Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                  thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Bookstore

The little opacked bookstore you are referrring to was "The Hangar" in Shopper's Square on Plumb Ln. A few years ago, he moved to Kietzke and Peckham, but I think I was the only one that knew about it and I already have all the books he carried. Now "The Hangar" pilot supplies store is gone, apparently for good. Wish I'd known about CLEARANCE SALE.!

Comment

Working...
                    X