looking for news about the rest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for news about the rest.

My first thoughts are prayers for the Victims and their loved ones. All of the people this has touched.

We went down to get some soda after Morehouse's L39 incident. My 11 year old at the time asked if I thought he was alright. With a tear in my eye and a lump in my throat, I told my son that I thought God wanted Brad in Heaven and he wanted him there quick. Without being able to fall on the Lord I would not have known what to tell the kid.

Our family couldn't make Reno this year. We have loved camping out there. I am wondering about all of the stuff we would be talking about if the race was canceled on Friday, but there had not been tragedy.

Did Rod hurt anything on the Tigercat? I heard both props were stopped and they towed her in.

Is 232 getting a truck ride home?

Has Thom left for Florida and did everything go fine?

Since I wasn't there, what were the big surprises. Relentless trying for so long. I have loved Kevin's attitude thru the years. I was pulling for him all year long, but the 720hp is not what he wanted or visioned.

What other questions can we come up with or answer.

Tom
    Last edited by degroodtt; 09-20-2011, 07:22 PM. Reason: added name

Re: looking for news about the rest.

I saw on Thoms' Facebook that they were in Texas yesterday. The P-51 was outrunning the jet by 10 minutes each leg. Don't know about today for PM.
    Don

Hauler Driver Looking for a Hauler to Drive ..
    Any Race Team Need One?

Comment

How's Mike Dacey doing? I heard he had a couple of broken ribs after the off-field landing.
      Sky Critter

Comment

The Tigercat had an oil line come off. It was repaired and running that evening and flew the following day.
        Sky Critter

Comment

Thanks for bringing this up. To my embarrassment, I haven't even thought to ask.

We should probably create a "Check In" thread for all aircraft & pilots with a sticky. Annually.

Any info is greatly appreciated.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

I heard that September Fury is getting a ride home on the "Sander's Truck", and that Sanders would be putting in a race engine for Hoot to race next year...
            Don't remember where I heard that...

Comment

I'm assuming everyone is home safe?
              You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
                I'm assuming everyone is home safe?
                I guess we can assume no news is good news.. I'd imagine we would have heard about any hiccups if there were any by now..

Comment

From the Strega Air Racing Facebook page "Sorry for not posting sooner, it's been a crazy few days. Everyone from Strega crew is okay. We just made it home. Our hearts go out to the Galloping Ghost crew, friends and family."

From the Sparky Air Racing Facebook page "We are all ok." and on the 17th "Took the Mustang and the Fw-190 back to Nut Tree today,"

From the The Precious Metal Air Racing Fan Page on Facebook "Precious Metal is safe at home in Kissimmee.
                  Bill Garnett
                  InterstellarDust
                  Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

From the Furias FB page everyone from their team made it home safely

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Critter View Post
                      How's Mike Dacey doing? I heard he had a couple of broken ribs after the off-field landing.
                      Mike was still in the hospital as of this Thursday when I talked to him. He had 6 compressed vertebra and four broken ribs. No nerve damage and the long term prognosis is good, but he is still in a lot of pain and has been fitted for a full body brace. Hopefully he wil be home this weekend to start a quick recovery.

Bruce Patton
                      Last edited by gorace71; 09-24-2011, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Geeze. That is terrible. I hope he gets well soon.
                        My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Critter View Post
                          I spoke with him for 20 minutes or so yesterday. He sounded good, and was anxious to leave the hospital and get home. As mentioned, he has damage to an area covering 6 vertebrae, and has 4 broken ribs. He *has* been up on his feet, though as can be imagined... the brace he has to wear to stabilize his back puts considerable pressure on his broken ribs. Not a good mix! The tattle-tale in the G-meter was on the peg at 10Gs, so he took that or more. A tough guy!

Comment

Where in Kissimmee is PM based? My second love after air racing is WDW - we drive down from Georgia at least once or twice a year. I'd love to go see PM up close and in person in her home hangar! (Plus get to introduce my 4 year old beautiful little girl to air racing!)

God Bless the Reno National Championship Air Races and the Reno Air Race Association!

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by gorace71 View Post
                              Mike was still in the hospital as of this Thursday when I talked to him. He had 6 compressed vertebra and four broken ribs. No nerve damage and the long term prognosis is good, but he is still in a lot of pain and has been fitted for a full body cast. Hopefully he wil be home this weekend to start a quick recovery.

Bruce Patton
                              Bruce, thanks for the update. Please let him know we're still thinking of him and he hasn't been forgotten in all this.
                              Sky Critter

Comment

Working...
                              X