Air Race Page of Honor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Race Page of Honor

I'm going to suggest that our dear administrator create a memorial "Page of Honor" web page here at the AAFO forum, listing all the past racers, owners, builders and others involved who are no longer with us. The list would begin with Bill Stead and go from there. Our long-time members can help assemble the list.

Later, a page or section for racers of pre-Reno air race fame can be added if so desired.

All the fans who were lost last week can also be included in a special section on the page listed separately, just as the victims of Flight 93 are listed separately from the WTC and Pentagon victims in the new "Ground Zero" memorial park in N.Y.

I recommend creating this to give new forum visitors and fresh race fans a clear view of those involved that came before, and whose memory we treasure so fondly.

Sound like a good idea?

Re: Air Race Page of Honor

I think it's a wonderful idea. With photos where we can.

Originally posted by AirDOGGe View Post
    I'm going to suggest that our dear administrator create a memorial "Page of Honor" web page here at the AAFO forum, listing all the past racers, owners, builders and others involved who are no longer with us. The list would begin with Bill Stead and go from there. Our long-time members can help assemble the list.

Later, a page or section for racers of pre-Reno air race fame can be added if so desired.

All the fans who were lost last week can also be included in a special section on the page listed separately, just as the victims of Flight 93 are listed separately from the WTC and Pentagon victims in the new "Ground Zero" memorial park in N.Y.

I recommend creating this to give new forum visitors and fresh race fans a clear view of those involved that came before, and whose memory we treasure so fondly.

Sound like a good idea?
    sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
    http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Comment

I'm sure Victor Archer will have something done to honor Jimmy Leeward & the "Galloping Ghost" once things have settled down. I'm sure he is in shock like most of us.
      Lockheed Bob

Comment

Air Doggie is plane nuts, though.
        Count me in and here's a donation to put my money where my... uh...
        keyboard mouth is.
        Thanks Wayne for letting me vent.

Comment

+1000
          '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

God Bless you!! planecrazy2

Comment

Originally posted by mgbf4u View Post
              Air Doggie is plane nuts, though.
              Count me in and here's a donation to put my money where my... uh...
              keyboard mouth is.
              Thanks Wayne for letting me vent.
              AirDOGGe are you plane/plain nuts? I knew there was a reason I liked you. lol
              sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
              http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Comment

Both, and thank you. Now I can't stop my tail from waggin'...

Comment

Working...
                X