September 2012 meetup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 2012 meetup

I was talking to SWAdude, and I told him I planned to wait on this, but maybe now really is the time to suggest it.

I want us all to meet up next September.

As John said, he'd taken the event and the people for granted. I'm guilty of it too. In my case, you'd think I'd know better, but I opted to wait until Saturday or Sunday to go out. I was specifically going out to see Jimmy. I will always regret my decision to wait.

We know each other by name/nickname, and some of us would recognize some others by sight, but most of us have never "formally" met. We've been through a lot together this past weekend, and it won't end anytime soon.

I would love to start planning a meetup for September. That way we have something to look forward to, and have a way to express our confidence and determination that there WILL BE A RACE IN SEPTEMBER.

I'll buy the first round.
    sandra@pit-lizards-ultd.net
    http://www.pit-lizards-ultd.net

Re: September 2012 meetup

Originally posted by sandramore View Post
    ...I'll buy the first round.
    I couldn't help but laugh to myself. How generous of you to offer to buy the first round of drinks for a bunch of Air Racing Fans. But what will happen if 1,000 people show up? Can you afford to buy 1,000 drinks?

Bartender to Sandra: "Let's see. 1,000 drinks times $4 per drink plus 10% gratuity, that's $4,400. Will that be cash or credit card?"

Sandra to Bartender: "Um, maybe I should run out to my car and get my, uh..., credit card. If I'm not back in a few minutes, don't wait for me. Bye." Sound of footsteps running and then a car starting and quickly driving away...
    Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 09-20-2011, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta View Post
      I couldn't help but laugh to myself. How generous of you to offer to buy the first round of drinks for a bunch of Air Racing Fans. But what will happen if 1,000 people show up? Can you afford to buy 1,000 drinks?
      Hey, I have a year to save my pennies! lol Then again, we could just find a 55 gallon drum and make one large batch of smoke oil.

Comment

We were there. We will be there next year.

We should all meet in front of the GG pit just after Friday's Gold race...

I feel they should leave Jimmy's pit space empty next year.
        Sky Critter

Comment

A thousand drinks...

Once word gets out I am guessing more like ten thousand plus!

It will be one hell of a toast.

I will save my pennies too so that Sandra can buy the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by SWAdude View Post
            I will save my pennies too so that Sandra can buy the first round.
            Thanks. lol

I've already had a mechanic I know make a donation. So I'm a couple thousand pennies ahead! God I love air racers. lol

First time I've really smiled in a coupla days.
            Last edited by sandramore; 09-20-2011, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Hell ya,

I'm in.

Sandra, I have a old 5 gallon glass jug thats been the penny catch can for over 20 years. Its half full and weighs 50+ pounds. I'll carry it to the bar for you :-)

Last edited by Desertdawg; 09-20-2011, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Hell ya,

I'm in.

Sandra, I have a old 5 gallon glass jug thats been the penny catch can for over 20 years. Its half full and weighs 50+ pounds. I'll carry it to the bar for you :-)

Comment

As SWAdude told me, he's up for a group hug. Me too. I especially want to hug all of you who were there. I'm thankful you're okay and still with us.

And thanks, Desertdawg. See here's another one of those situations. Devoted race fans, living in the same town, have never met. What's that about?
                  Last edited by sandramore; 09-20-2011, 05:43 PM.

Comment

I'd really like to meet up with you guys I haven't posted much I have mosty just lurked reading about what's going on, but Iv been going to Reno since 1992 (since I was 7 years old) and I'd like to get to know yall I'll chip in with sandramore 1,000 drink first round lol

Comment

Count me in

Comment

Question for those in on this event (count me in by the way!). Why not do an event get together for those around these parts now?

I could sure use some time around those that understand what we are going through. Then another one in 2012.

Comment

Count me in, too. I'll buy the 2nd round!

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by doubleup View Post
                            Question for those in on this event (count me in by the way!). Why not do an event get together for those around these parts now?

I could sure use some time around those that understand what we are going through. Then another one in 2012.
                            Sounds good to me. Somebody say when and where. I'll PM you my number.
                            Last edited by sandramore; 09-20-2011, 06:39 PM.

Comment

There is already an AAFO get together each year at Our Lady of the Everlasting 4$ Shower Church each year.

What would be different about what you are proposing?

Comment

Working...
                              X