Thoughts from a guy in section f row12 just above impact site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts from a guy in section f row12 just above impact site

I have been an avid fan ince 1984. My family andi have attended every year since then. My two kids have spent every sept since their births at the races. Its a family tradition that we all look forward to.

I grieve for all that were injured or killed on friday, and truly thought that i was going to die on that day. It was surrel lookingup and seeing the plane go out of control and then dive toward us. A life changing few moments for all of us. Thank god that we were spared-- my worst fear during race week happened. Too soon to know how i feel about returning again.

God bless to all affected.

Re: Thoughts from a guy in section f row12 just above impact site

R080,

Glad you and your family are safe. Thanks for posting.

wolfee

Comment

I know how you feel. I don't know I would feel the next time I saw an aircraft turn pylon 9. I can't even fathom it at the moment, or if I ever will. I am so glad your family is safe. I was happy after that the rest of my family couldn't make it this year. I brought my good friend to the races for the first time. He absolutely loved it. But now it is different. We were just fortunate and happy to go and see our famies again. I feel so sorry for the ones that couldn't.
      My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

As a Reno air Race fanatic, its nice to hear your perspective. We who were not there dont have the ability comprehend what you all went through. I've spent my entire life on an airport and have seen accidents and people lose their lives, but I find this whole scene unfathomable. Right now it is'nt important whether there is another air race or not. What is important is giving all our attention towards the fans and participants of RAR.
        I hope you and your family heal with time. I pray for the victims of this accident, for Jimmy and his family, and for those who've been wounded on the inside. I can only imagine what a life changing event this has been for so many people.

PS. Take care of your famililes and be on the look out for PTSD....

Comment

Working...
        X