Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few (more) considerations

Hello all,
    As is the case with everyone, I am deeply saddened by the events of Friday, and the loss of our friend Jimmy. My prayers are with the Leeward family, I send you my love.

I first attended the races with my Dad, in '91. I was five, but old enough to become an instant fan. I remember Tsunami, glimmering in red. I was hooked. Through the years, it's been a family tradition to attend the races, I guess it's been a staple of my life. Aviation is real big to us, but Reno, Reno is everything....sorta...

In '92, at six, I trusted Jesus Christ as my Saviour, and I had another love, a greater love. Physically speaking, the races are what we live for, but deeper, spiritually speaking, the Lord is the light of my Life. He makes it all possible. The Bible says he gives as all things richly to enjoy, and thank God for it!

I've known some real great pilots through the years, and have lost some dear friends. I miss the ones who have gone on, but I have great peace in knowing those, who also had faith in Christ, and I'm comforted to know that I will see them again.

Jimmy is best described as a gentleman, I'll cherish the times he invited me to sit in "Cloud Dancer", and when he gave us T-shirts in '09 "Galloping Ghost Returns"! He was a fine man, and I'll remember the twinkle in his eyes, and the heart felt pat on the back, like you were part of the family.

Some of the greatest joys in life have been shook hard this week, but through my faith, and in Christ, I'm restful. I leave all in his hands, and look for a better day that is a comin'!

Thank-you all, you are a wonderful community. The Best!
    With all that in me lies,
    Joseph

Re: A few (more) considerations

Originally posted by Idaho_cowpony View Post
    Hello all,
    As is the case with everyone, I am deeply saddened by the events of Friday, and the loss of our friend Jimmy. My prayers are with the Leeward family, I send you my love.

I first attended the races with my Dad, in '91. I was five, but old enough to become an instant fan. I remember Tsunami, glimmering in red. I was hooked. Through the years, it's been a family tradition to attend the races, I guess it's been a staple of my life. Aviation is real big to us, but Reno, Reno is everything....sorta...

In '92, at six, I trusted Jesus Christ as my Saviour, and I had another love, a greater love. Physically speaking, the races are what we live for, but deeper, spiritually speaking, the Lord is the light of my Life. He makes it all possible. The Bible says he gives as all things richly to enjoy, and thank God for it!

I've known some real great pilots through the years, and have lost some dear friends. I miss the ones who have gone on, but I have great peace in knowing those, who also had faith in Christ, and I'm comforted to know that I will see them again.

Jimmy is best described as a gentleman, I'll cherish the times he invited me to sit in "Cloud Dancer", and when he gave us T-shirts in '09 "Galloping Ghost Returns"! He was a fine man, and I'll remember the twinkle in his eyes, and the heart felt pat on the back, like you were part of the family.

Some of the greatest joys in life have been shook hard this week, but through my faith, and in Christ, I'm restful. I leave all in his hands, and look for a better day that is a comin'!

Thank-you all, you are a wonderful community. The Best!
    With all that in me lies,
    Joseph
    God Bless you Joseph

Comment

AMEN!! Well said Joseph.
      Last edited by RC Racer; 09-19-2011, 08:59 PM.

Comment

I 2nd that AMEN! This same thinking is the only thing that has comforted me the past few days! Thank you Joseph!

Race 29
        Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Thank-you for the kind words,
          continue to join me in prayer for the Leeward's, the others that are injured, and for our community.

Joseph

Comment

Working...
          X