Clear All

• Racers at Dayton Airshow

Does anyone know which sea fury and p-51 will be there? Thanks

Greg

Re: Racers at Dayton Airshow

Originally posted by gv71
    Does anyone know which sea fury and p-51 will be there? Thanks
    Greg,

I'm going to guess, since Jimmy Leeward has a lot to do with the demonstration races on that side of the world, he'll be there with Cloud Dancer.. I'd suspect, Mike Keenum would be there with Riff Raff also.. This is all total speculation on my part though..

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Not sure about this, but MAYBE Ron Buccarelli? Unless he's getting ready fro Reno and/or Vegas.............. just a guess. MG
      MG

Comment

Originally posted by racersedge
        Not sure about this, but MAYBE Ron Buccarelli? Unless he's getting ready fro Reno and/or Vegas.............. just a guess. MG
        He's sure talked about it in the past... but then I think he said he would not be making that, or Reno and I'm hearing he's a go for Reno for sure .....

Costs a boatload of $$ to move that airplane that many miles a year!!

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I would imagine it will be Riff Raff, Cloud Dancer, and the Odegard F2G. That trio has done Oshkosh the past couple years, and will be doing it again this year.
          I am going to Dayton for the show on Thursday, so I will let you know who was there.
          ~Jim

Comment

Jim,

The F2G will probably not be there, last I heard, it was still at Oshkosh. The last "demonstration" mayday last year was not a demonstration. Engine is still toast from what I know.

He has a Mustang though, maybe he'll have that at the event.

Let us know what you see there!

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Ahh yes, I saw that smoker, but thought the damage had been repaired. The EAA has it listed as a performer again this year, but it may simply be a cut and paste form last year.

I'll be sure to let you know who's there and how it goes. I usually do not go to Dayton, but seeing all three North American military demonstration teams in one day is worth a 45 minute drive. I admit though, I am looking forward to the air race demonstration just as much, even if it is staged!
              ~Jim

Comment

F2G

At Duxford, I ran into Dick Phillips, who said that the motor had a problem, and they have not installed it yet on the airplane. Not sure of a time frame, but Dick said they were not going to even go over to install the motor until things were right. So I would not expect to see it at Dayton. Perhaps Oshkosh.

dave

Comment

A 45 minute drive! I'm leaving new york early friday morning around 1 am to be there at 7:30 for the show then staying overnight and going sat. and leaving sunday afternoon. Usually the closest show is niagara falls even that is 35 minutes away and that was cancelled this year so I have to go a little farther away to get my fix!

Greg

Comment

Well, it was a drag race so to speak. Two planes only, Riff Raff and Cloud Dancer...not quite the advertising impact that the three and four plane shows carry.

Glacier Girl made it in on Thursday, looks fantastic. Steve Hinton and the POF Midwest Fighter Tour gang are all there, all four planes will be flying Fri, Sat, Sun. Unfortunately they did not fly their P-38 yesterday:< I am guessing it may have had something to do with Steve getting G.G. up to Dayton.

If you go to the show make sure you stop in the Rolls Royce tent and vote for your favorite in the Heritage competition.
                    ~Jim

Comment

Saturday was great! Gave me goosebumps.
                      The Super Corsair, Riff Raff, Cloud Dancer, two of Hearts, and 3 other T-6's ran around for a bit, the T-6's pulled up with "engine trouble" leaving a battle between the three. This must be the first time that air racers have gone to throttle during the zoom climb after the race. Riff Raff was just moseying around until the last half lap. Must have been odd to turn right...

Comment

Dayton Air Show

Hello:
                        I was at Dayton air show two days. The Sea Fury raced with a Corsair and some T-6s, but the Mustangs flew by themselves in demos, or with a Navy jet, or as part of the general warbirds fly-overs, doing simulated strafing and bombing runs.
                        Bud Norris
                        Bud Norris

Comment

Working...
                        X