Questair off field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questair off field

Lost power on takeoff, gear up off field, pilot ok?

Spacegrrrl

Re: Questair off field

What is being said on LOADEDTV by LTV crew is that he is OK.

CC
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." Albert Einstein

Comment

Fire dept radio says pilot ok, rescue event was terminated

Comment

Any more info? Bad intentions? Plane out for the year?
        Reno from '99 to '22

Comment

Plane went down in the dirt- I hope Spacegrrl or someone on the ground will fill in the blanks- I am in NC and only saw a dust cloud on LOADEDTV coverage: http://loadedtv.com/?page_id=6

Nothing more I add from here.

CC
          "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." Albert Einstein

Comment

As of 5:15 Bad Intentions was still in the desert, they are out for sure

Spacegrrrl

Comment

I saw him go down on take off, from my limited view at the Checkered Flag Club, saw the ugly big green firetruck light off and drive away, said some French words and went to look. The race was cancelled. I am amazed at what people can do when they have to. That's another subject. Proud that there were no injuries.

Comment

Sorry to see the plane out. Always a strong runner. Says Dacey was complaining about his back a little.

Comment

Lost power on takeoff from runway 26. Gear up and bellied in off the end of the runway to the right. Pilot ok. The plane was rightside up wings level on the ground facing south east I believe. I think 4 planes got into the air when they called it off. Remaining planes on the ground taxied back and the others landed safely. Glad he is okay.
                  My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Working...
                  X