232??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 232??

Curious if anyone knows why 232's qualifying time is not shown anymore on RARA website?

Re: 232??

Click the link on the printable version. My browser won't show it on the hotlink page either.

Comment

Tried that too and it still does not show 232 or Hoot listed anywhere in the lineup. ..... just hoping they are still in the show

Comment

The burnt piston may have forced it out this year...bummer. Not sure, though....hoping that's not the case.
        "America is all about speed...hot, nasty, bada** speed."
        -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Comment

That is a good question? reports.airrace.org does not list him as even being in the race. SpaceGrrl reported Pete Law as being in their pits yesterday- maybe they do not believe they can fix it.

I did find this by clicking on "unlimited" and then found "September Furry (232)" in the flow chart under Aircraft Reports and when you click there it shows he ran 2 laps on Monday; one at 467.054 and the second at 462.317.

Looks like we got our first casualty.

CC
          "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." Albert Einstein

Comment

Certainly does not sound good. Drat.

Comment

Latest word is that 232 has bowed out, thus allowing Furias to qualify in the session today.

Comment

Even if he isn't racing...
                1 - Why would they pull the qualifying information down? He still qualified.
                2 - Why would he bow out to 'let Furias qualify'? Either you qualify or you don't. Whether 232 is qualified or not shouldn't impact Furias' ability to qualify. It's the slow planes that will get bumped.

Just curious.

Comment

Even with 232 dropping out, there are still 29 listed potential qualifiers for 27 spots, not including Furias?

I surely want to see Furias qualify into the show, but I am confused as to how 232 dropping out has opened that possibility if they indeed are a "conditional" entry as posted earlier.
                  Last edited by glider90; 09-14-2011, 11:33 AM.

Comment

I don't think it does. The qualifying period on Wednesday isn't flown until about now. All of the airplanes not yet qualified should get this as their last chance.
                    Even so, after last year I guess one can fly in the Thursday heats and work the airplane through the heats into the Gold if winning each heat.

Comment

Presumably 232 dropping out altogether (rather than just not turning up for their heat race) has opened up another spot for someone to qualify?

Comment

Donīt know, why 232 disappeared from the reports.
                        Even if an engine is damaged in a successful qual run, the plane should not be removed from the qual results list. At least thatīs how I think it was handled in the past, since it might be possible to get it fixed until the first heat race.

Any other reason ?

Best wishes to Hoot & Crew !

edit: just saw Victorīs posting, that 232 is done for this week. BUMMER !
                        But still it should be on the Qual list (even if it may not show up in the heat race pairings)

edit 2: 232 is back on the Qual list - as DNQ. Sad.

Last edited by Jan; 09-14-2011, 01:49 PM.
                        Jan

http://www.AirRace.info = http://www.airrace.de

Comment

I like the way this went. RARA put 232's time back on the board but listed them as a DNQ, knowing they were done for the week, opening up another spot.

A very fast conditional airplane got to get in the show cleanly and we have a full field. Seeing as how Chuck Greenhill owns Lou IV and Furias, everybody wins.

Comment

This morning they looked to be putting her back together, I suspect to get her home. Since last I heard they didn't know the cause they didn't want to risk racing her again. Still awesome qualifying time, hopefully next year they'll be back as Will Smith might say "all big and bad!"

To the 233 team, awesome effort!

Spacegrrrl

P.S piston photo posted on my facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by spacegrrrl View Post
                              This morning they looked to be putting her back together, I suspect to get her home. Since last I heard they didn't know the cause they didn't want to risk racing her again. Still awesome qualifying time, hopefully next year they'll be back as Will Smith might say "all big and bad!"

To the 233 team, awesome effort!

Spacegrrrl

P.S piston photo posted on my facebook page
                              But we cant see your face book wall.. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X