Photographers And Other Characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photographers And Other Characters

This will be a different Thread, sligfhtly offbeat but perhaps interesting. You may see some names you are familiar with and you may see some unidentified people that you can name. I have about 50 photos like this taken at the Reno Races so you might be in one of them!
    This first one shows two authors; Reid Kinert (air racing) on the left in the cart, and Arthur Peracy (DC-3 books) from England on the right. At Reno in 1972.
    Attached Files

Long Lens

Reno 1972.
    Attached Files

Comment

Bill Larkins and Model B Ford

Standard procedure for some photos. At SFO in the "good 'ole days" (March 1948) when you could drive around the airport freely.
      Attached Files

Comment

Merced 1961

L to R: Clay Jannson, Harry Gann, Hank Arnold, Emil Strasser, Dusty Carter, Bill Larkins.
        Attached Files

Comment

Merced 1962

L to R: Bill Larkins, Bill Anderson, Emil Strasser, Harry Gann, Clay Jansson, Dusty Carter, Earl Holmquist, Larry Smalley. This is proof that it really was cold once at Merced during the annual summer antique fly-in.
          Attached Files

Comment

Two Squatters

Harry Gann and Terry Waddington at the 1972 Cross & Cockade (WWI) gathering at Jim Nissen's Meadowlark Field in Livermore.
            Attached Files

Comment

Cowboy With A Video

Reno 1973.
              Attached Files

Comment

Lady Photographer With A Tripod

Reno 1975.
                Attached Files

Comment

That's either Elvis or Burt Rutan with his back to the camera! Sorry fellas. Der Gabelscwhans Teufel made me do it. Peas.
                  Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                  World Speed Record Holder

Comment

New Crew

Hi Bill,

I'm not sure who the guys are on the outsides of the picture, but from left to right, starting with the blue shirt is Jim Dunn, A. Kevin Grantham, Frank Mormillo, Chuck Stewart, and Gerald Liang (yellow cap). Reno 1999. Thought you might enjoy this one...........Roger
                    Attached Files

Comment

Actually, I do know the guy on the left, he's a friend of Grantham, just can't remeber his name.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Cain
                        Actually, I do know the guy on the left, he's a friend of Grantham, just can't remeber his name.
                        Roger.. I'm going to feel really bad if I'm wrong but I *think* the fellow on the left is Nick Veronico, the guy on the right is Don "Bucky" Dawson...

Nice stuff guys!

Wayne
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I wouldn't feel bad about it, but that is definitely not Nick Veronico on the left. I just took a look at the acknowledgements in Granthams book "P-Screamers" and am almost certain that that is Ervan Hare on the left.

Comment

ding ding ding ding ding.. you win the prize.. you are correct... I stand corrected but that is Ervan... I *think*

Pretty sure you are right.. but for sure, that's "Bucky" on the right!

Wayne
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Veronico

Betty Anderson (now Veronico) and Nick at the Reno Air Races, Sept. 15, 1996.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X