Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monday evening report (for what it's worth)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday evening report (for what it's worth)

I don't have specifics as far as speeds, but I know they were posted elsewhere on here, but I will say one thing.....Monday was GREAT.
    This is the first time I've been here this early in the week, and the day was full of flying. Seems like there were airplanes on the course most o the days. Some of the guys are really crankin out there......and the sound is awesome. Overall the weather was nice today.....pretty much calm winds. Late in the day, had some lighting in the surrounding areas, and an occasional gust of wind, with a few drops of rains. Looking forward to tomorrow.
    Brian

Re: Monday evening report (for what it's worth)

Thanks Brian, from where I am sitting...ANY and all reports from Stead are welcome.
    Rampking

Comment

Ditto the above! The more news/pics the better!!! One of these days I'll win a billion dollar lotto and provide the world with live coverage of the races (a whole race season not just one!!). Until then, we depend on fans like you!

Comment

Oh ya...ditto....give us what ya got. We love to here the tales.

CC
        "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." Albert Einstein

Comment

Monday was one of the best qualifying days I've seen in a while. Lots of actiion.

The Bear only made one of his two requested laps, then pulled up on one of the far pylons. Just being cautious I hope.

Voodoo looked strong also, but was visibly slower than Strega.

Strega was spotless sitting in it's pit at the end of the day, and no work was being done on it. Going to be hard to beat. That lap was a screamer!

September Fury got in the show I think but afterward appeared to be trailing smoke as he circled above. I never heard a Mayday. He landed under power and taxied in normally. Didn't get by his pit to check on it before I left.

Furious taxied out near the end of the second session but returned without taking off. Rumor I heard was that he had prop governor problems, and that is what they appeared to be working on when I left.

Ghost is on the ramp but didn't fly today. Looked like normal maintainance going on.

No sign of precious metal.

That's what was going on when I left the pits. What a great day to not be at work!

Comment

This is great !
            Keep that news flowing !
            I'll sleep better tonight !
            Rampking

Comment

thanks for all the on site reports to eveyone that posts it keeps us ppl that are stuck in another country and cant see or hear or be there at least a little informed of our favorite form or motor sport big thanks to all

Comment

Can't make it this year to Reno (my first miss since 2004). Really appreciate the ramp reports for those of us in continuous "refresh" mode on computer at home. Please keep them coming!

Comment

Working...
                X