Sunday at Reno Stead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday at Reno Stead

It's 6:48 PM Conditions.......overcast, Light rain, mountains to the west are obscurred, east horizon is blue sky. Estimate wind at 15 with gusts to 20. A few lighting strikes to the west.
    Galloping Ghost and Precious Metal are not here yet.
    Rare Bear, Furious, the 4360 F2G Corsair, several P-51s, Steadfast, F-7, F-8's F-6 all flew this afternoon. Furious and Bear sounded very healthy at times......they all sounded good though.
    Some of the Jets flew late this afternoon also. Wasn't here till about 3, so don't know what fle prior to that.
    From a very realiable source, there's 33 unlimiteds here already. ADI Gal Jan said she hadn't seen a Sunday as busy as this one forever, nor as many Unlimiteds.
    Weatherman says, similar conditions tomorrow, but rest of week is looking very nice. Wasn't that bad today, till late this afternoon.
    Brian

PS: Went to the Reno Ballon Races this morning......they've got a ways to go to compete with the guys at Stead....but still glad I went and saw them......I think the winning time was 2 hours 14 minutes and 33 seconds, averaging, 1.3 mph

Re: Sunday at Reno Stead

Hey, thanks for all the great info !
    Looks like Tuesday will be the best qualifying day for weather.
    I would LOVE to see someone there get an arrival video of the Galloping Ghost.
    Just a hunch... that it's going to be a *Dramatic* entrance.
    Rampking

Comment

Ghost should be there by now!!!!!!

Comment

Some pictures from today, best pre-raceweek sunday ever
        The first pass of Furias was incredible
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Florian; 09-11-2011, 10:18 PM.

Comment

I gotta agree, the first lap Furias put in at race level was a stunner. And right as the Bear was taxiing in! I wasn't able to get a time on her but to throw down like that on their first lap was mighty impressive.

I didn't think Matt was really serious about contending for the gold the first year but that airplane is FAST! Even in primer it's got to be one of the slickest unlimiteds ever.

Comment

Hi Florian, I wasnt able to speak with you Saturday Night. Come by again when you have a second. Thank you.
            Will Whiteside

Comment

Working...
            X