Voodoo 2011 Pit Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voodoo 2011 Pit Camera

Voodoo 2011 pit camera is live - location is temporary. Enjoy!

Re: Voodoo 2011 Pit Camera

A Big THANK YOU!

Steve

Comment

There's now a static page that auto re-loads every couple minutes if you want to open it in a new window.

Michael

Comment

Thanks Michael, Good stuff for those of use out here.

CC
        "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." Albert Einstein

Comment

How does the camera send its signal out and how does a system like that operate to send us signals every minute? Is it connected to a wire running underground or is it sending a signal to the cell phone towers....? And what powers the camera, a rechargeable battery? How big is the camera?

It would be nice to have dozens of these mounted all over the place at the races, for us stuck at work.

Can you take some cockpit camera and ground video and post it to youtube everyday? I know I can watch youtube on my smartphone, not sure about other video sites.
          Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 09-12-2011, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the feed, it will be on my screen for the next 6 days. Also congrats on the 485 qual speed. Jody
            Last edited by R/C Voodoo; 09-12-2011, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta View Post
              How does the camera send its signal out and how does a system like that operate to send us signals every minute? Is it connected to a wire running underground or is it sending a signal to the cell phone towers....? And what powers the camera, a rechargeable battery? How big is the camera?

It would be nice to have dozens of these mounted all over the place at the races, for us stuck at work.
              It's a small security camera connected to a computer with software that uploads it to a website. We have internet access here from our race trailer. All powered off of a generator that powers the trailer.

Michael
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Mluvara; 09-12-2011, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Voodoo going back together on the Pit cam! Must be squak free.

Comment

Originally posted by Mluvara View Post
                  It's a small security camera connected to a computer with software that uploads it to a website. We have internet access here from our race trailer. All powered off of a generator that powers the trailer.

Michael
                  Is there a wire that runs from the camera to the computer inside the trailer or is it a wireless connection?

How does the signal go from the computer inside the trailer to the internet? Does it go through the cell phone towers like the way broadband works on a laptop?

Can you adjust it so we have a live video instead of a still that refreshes every minute?

Next year, is it possible to have a camera that pans, tilts and zooms, that the viewers can control?

Do you plan on posting cockpit videos to youtube or elsewhere daily?

Comment

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta View Post
                    Is there a wire that runs from the camera to the computer inside the trailer or is it a wireless connection?

How does the signal go from the computer inside the trailer to the internet? Does it go through the cell phone towers like the way broadband works on a laptop?

Can you adjust it so we have a live video instead of a still that refreshes every minute?

Next year, is it possible to have a camera that pans, tilts and zooms, that the viewers can control?

Do you plan on posting cockpit videos to youtube or elsewhere daily?
                    It's connected directly to a computer via wire and a capture card.

We have internet access at available at our trailer, just as one would have at home. Basically, it's just a webcam that we take still snapshots of and upload them to the web address that you are seeing.

Anything is technically possible. This is just an idea we came up with to share with the fans at home. It's done on my free time, and this is all that is planned.

We don't have the time or resources to dedicate to doing regular updates. We've thought about uploading some stuff during the week, time allowing.

Michael

Comment

Michael, we really appreciate seeing Voodoo up close and personal and the time you took to hook it up! Thanks!

Chad

Comment

Thanks for all the great feedback guys. I mentioned to the crew this morning at our brief that the fans really appreciate it!

Michael

Comment

Michael,

What is the plan going forward- does she sit till Thursday and hold the good stuff for the weekend? I have never been to the races during the week prior or early week qualifying. Obviously Voodoo ran great on Monday and there is no need to make a second qual run, but can you give any inside scoop on what feedback the run gave the crew and where and what the next moves will take her before the Sunday race?

Thanks Michael (and crew),
                          CC
                          "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." Albert Einstein

Comment

Plane won't race until Friday. There will be minor work,etc on the plane over the next couple of days. Might be a test flight/systems check before Friday.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Mluvara View Post
                              Might be a test flight/systems check before Friday.

Michael
                              If I could make a suggestion... 0700 or thereabouts for the test flight please.
                              Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                              My Photos
                              My Ride

Comment

Working...
                              X