Fairey Firefly Crashes at Duxford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairey Firefly Crashes at Duxford

I don't know how many Fireflies are still flying but this one wouldn't have been Eddie Kurdziel's, right? He didn't ship it overseas, right?

Two people perished.

As soon as I find a link to the story I'll post it.

Don Hatten

Here's one link

Watch your favourite shows online, from Channel 4, E4 and Walter Presents

Comment

Here is a link to the official Duxford press release concerning this accident. The aircraft was owned and operated by the Royal Navy Historic Flight.

Comment

oops, i'll try again

Comment

Firefly Crash

I made my first trip over for the show. I was very impressed with the turn out, and with the displays. Reminds me lots of the old days when pilots could fly towards the crowds and such. Made for some really great shots. The Crash was horrible to watch! Show was stopped for almost an hour, and then resumed, with no news being told to the crowd. Only later did I hear that both occupants had perished. My thoughts are with the families of those involved. Not to go into much detail, but the airplane made a right to left flyby, and then pulled up to do a turn around. Near the top, it rolled over on its back, and then pulled over into a loop. It was too low, and pancaked less than half a mile from the airport. Only a dust cloud was seen.

dave

Comment

Working...
          X