Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N6WJ...

....down with a broken oil line.

Plane made it down okay, but in Thom's words....a steady stream of oil back to Tallahassee.

New oil and repair parts enroute.

Re: N6WJ...

Is that PM?

Comment

Yes. PM.

Good luck with repairs.

Rooting for ya to do well this year.
      '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

I hope they make it.

Comment

Is there any more details about this type of failure?

Comment

I saw a posting on another site that said the leak was a hose that slipped off its fitting, was an easy repair and all is fine with the motor.
            Take that for what it is, I prefer to believe it as I really want to see PM make it to reno again!!!

Comment

No kidding, glad all is ok. Lucky that didn't happen over the Rockies.

Those planes with shorten wings, and CR props have the glide ratio a rock. It takes someone with nerves of steel to fly them cross country.

Be safe, see you in couple days.

Comment

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
                CR props have the glide ratio a rock.
                P.M. has been upgraded with an emergency feather system like what MAII had. There will be no repeat of the Red Baron or the first two times P.M. had the props go flat.

Comment

They got her all fixed up and continued on to Shreveport Regional.
                  Sky Critter

Comment

Down again in Seminole, Texas....bolts in the camtower bad.

Plane's safe...looking for a welder as of about an hour ago.

Comment

Man, hopefully she can hold together or get the bugs out before Reno. They have some racing to do. I wanna see her crank around those pylons. Let all send them some luck.....
                      My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

As crappy as this all seems, it appears to be a good way to shake down all the systems. I can imagin how stressfull this must be. That would be a hard trip even if everything worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjibus View Post
                          As crappy as this all seems, it appears to be a good way to shake down all the systems. I can imagin how stressfull this must be. That would be a hard trip even if everything worked fine.
                          I've only done minor work on one airplane (took all the screws out of the old doghouse on MAII prior to the sex change) but I was, among other things, a fleet manager for many years... Please, I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but, a slipped hose and bad bolts? Aren't these things that could/should be caught in the hangar before launch?

Just sayin'
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                            Please, I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but, a slipped hose and bad bolts? Aren't these things that could/should be caught in the hangar before launch?

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                            Please, I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but, a slipped hose and bad bolts? Aren't these things that could/should be caught in the hangar before launch?
                            For whatever it's worth, I can name you just about every successful Unlimited team out there in the last 40 years of the sport who at one time or another has had some sort of failure in spite of the diligence of very talented crew members, pilots, and owners...

Is it any different than the pilot that forgets to turn on the ADI before going to high power and torches a perfectly good engine? I can give you a whole laundry list of guys that fit that bill.

Why don't you ask Slack about the .40 cent hose clamp which resulted in a gear-up landing that grounded his dad's Bearcat for four years.

You probably shouldn't start the engine on your P-38 with the landing gear selector in the 'up' position either...but that's exactly what happened to Gary Levitz's bird.

Maybe ask Tom Dwelle or Stu Eberhardt about filling oxygen bottles?

Would you question each of those guys for the mishaps that happened to their planes? (Although I happen to know that Levitz's comment after it happened was "If I had a gun right now, I'd shoot him....)

Just sayin....

Comment

LOL... you quoted me twice.. does that mean I have to put a two layer flame proof suit on??

Maybe ask Tom Dwelle or Stu Eberhardt about filling oxygen bottles?
                              I have, in one case, the gauge was the wrong one, the other, the guy driving the truck didn't shut down soon enough and filled a low pressure system with high pressure....

Your point is?
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                              X