Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the Announcers Really Need To Be So Loud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the Announcers Really Need To Be So Loud?

Hi All,

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the volume of the announcers is WAY TOO LOUD? I find it almost impossible to communicate with my fellow race fans anytime the they are talking (which seems to be non stop).

I understand that the announcers need to do their thing, but personally I would enjoy the races much more if they would turn it down by half. They would still be heard just fine.

I would like to get some other opinions on this subject. If RARA sees that there is a large consensus on the matter, maybe, just maybe, they will turn it down enough that my ears won't ring for the next two days after the races.

Steve

Re: Do the Announcers Really Need To Be So Loud?

I agree, and I wouldnt mind someone else besides Frank. He really dosnt know alot about the sport and after the comment he made about the bipe pilot making a mess of the place I lost all respect for him, (the pilot died when he lost power on take off a few years ago).

Comment

They do that for the Section 3 folks.

In Section 3 we make a lot of noise and its hard to hear what the annoucer is saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
        I agree, and I wouldnt mind someone else besides Frank. He really dosnt know alot about the sport and after the comment he made about the bipe pilot making a mess of the place I lost all respect for him, (the pilot died when he lost power on take off a few years ago).
        Yes, the question really is: "Do the Announcers Really Need To Be So Stupid?"

My beef is primarily with Frank.

I think the quote was "...made a mess on the runway."

Totally insensitive. Awful.

And then there's Hoot "flying to the moon and back" in the Space Shuttle.

Comment

Originally posted by Propellerhead View Post
          Yes, the question really is: "Do the Announcers Really Need To Be So Stupid?"

My beef is primarily with Frank.

I think the quote was "...made a mess on the runway."

Totally insensitive. Awful.

Yep, like I said I have no respect for the man. I wouldnt shed a tear if he was fired from the NCAR, not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Propellerhead View Post

That gem was courtesy of Steve S.

Comment

Can we just get Sandy Sanders back

I'll be heading up that way late tonight

Comment

Not a fan of the announcer, he is basically an idot when it comes to aviation. I expect he gets the gig because he has an "announcers" voice.

Now how do we get the "Oh Yeah!" guy that used to announce for the Franklin dueling biplane act?

Down down down the chute. 300 miles an hour, 400 miles an hour, FIVE HUNDRED MILES AN HOUR!!!! Oh Yeah!!!

Spacegrrrl

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Jim View Post
                  That gem was courtesy of Steve S.
                  Have to disagree with you on that one, Speedy. I recall that gem came from "Big Voice" Frank.

Comment

Steve Stratavaracocklebus is the best out there now, but he's no Sandy Sanders...Sandy was the best. He is missed.
                    '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

Personally, I just tune 'em out. I watch from the pits and you'll hear much more accurate/insighful input from the pit denizens. Gotta love the ramp crowd and the crew in Section 3. The announcers are for the first timers and those "just makin' the scene" and could care less what's in the air.
                      Last edited by V1670; 09-08-2011, 11:46 AM.

Comment

For the record, I love Sandy Sanders to death...and he will always be a part of what made Reno what it was during all my formative years.

Truth be told, the older he got, the more mistakes he made...and he made a lot of them.

Announcing is hard enough just to fill 'space' with something to keep the spectators entertained. Calling a race AND knowing what the hell you're talking about is a completely different level altogether.

Comment

Yes, I agree that the announcers could be much more professional. But my beef is the outrageous volume. If they could at least turn it down enough to carry on a conversation without yelling in each others ear I would be a happy camper! Music included!

Comment

Agreed Steve, the volume level is to high, especially during a race.

Comment

I've been sayin' for years...we don't need no stinkin' music!!!! And the announcers suck. They talk (or should I say yell) at us endlessly about what we are seeing...I mean come-on...don't bring your kids, grannies or girlfriends along if they don't know what the're lookin' at....stay home and take the announcers with you...
                              ...going off the rails on a crazy train....

Comment

Working...
                              X