Wind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind.

...or lack there of. Nothing like last year at least. I can't seem seem to get the models to show me anything but hot calm. A little disturbance wed/thur but it just looks nice all week. Fingers crossed.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Re: Wind.

Sounds nice, still packing for 4 seasons

Comment

Pack for 4 seasons and dress for 2 each day
      Sky Critter

Comment

Dude, This is Reno. Those "models" don't mean sh-t! You know this. I know you just have wishful thinking, as we all do, but this IS Reno. We'll know more come race week, or better yet, race weekend. Be ready for ANYTHING.............
        "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

I just read that they are expecting.........moderate to extreme temperatures with a chance of frost........winds will be calm with gusts exceeding huricane force. Clear sky's with a chance of total overcast obscurring hills and sagebrush. Zero to 100% chance of percipatation with rain or blowing snow and a slight chance of sleet in the hills and desert floors.
          Should be a good week of Air Racing

Comment

Yup, sunny one day and then snow the next. I just make like I'm going camping; prepared for ANYTHING.

Comment

Originally posted by supercub View Post
              I just read that they are expecting.........moderate to extreme temperatures with a chance of frost........winds will be calm with gusts exceeding huricane force. Clear sky's with a chance of total overcast obscurring hills and sagebrush. Zero to 100% chance of percipatation with rain or blowing snow and a slight chance of sleet in the hills and desert floors.
              Should be a good week of Air Racing
              So come in a parka with shorts and t shirt underneath and sunscreen.

Comment

Obviously the weather in NorNev is completely unpredictable. That's what makes it a challenge, ie fun. It ain't gonna be cold. That much I'm sure of. The thunderheads are the big question mark. They will be around in force. Whether its raining or windy will depend on where you're standing on what day. Lots of heavy down drafts. Typical summer weather, just going to be amplified a bit. I think. IOW, DQMOT.

Comment

Try www.Weather.com type in Reno and check the 10 day and monthly forecast.

For the 10 day forecast, 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms on Sunday with fair weather through Friday. That's as far as it goes. http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USNV0076

30 day looks like highs of 85, lows of 55. Looks like fair weather this year. http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/USNV0076
                  Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 09-08-2011, 07:43 AM.

Comment

I prefer Wundergound myself. http://www.wunderground.com/modelmap...=NAM&domain=US

Could be a bumpy ride in.

Comment

This is for next Saturday but, a "week out" picture will usually push a day so, here is Gold Sunday as of now.
                      Attached Files

Comment

.......tie dye is back in !
                        Mayday51
                        Jim Gallagher

Comment

lol

Comment

Ain't was up today a bit. Looks bumpy for the next couple of days. Fly safe everybody.

Comment

Working...
                            X