LiveAirShowTV Has the Inside Story!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LiveAirShowTV Has the Inside Story!

It’s time for the 48th Annual Reno National Championship Air Races, and LiveAirShowTV will once again be on the ramp to bring race fans the Inside Story!

Beginning Wednesday of race-week, video will be gathered during the day, and then assembled and posted on-line that night. Depending on where fans live, the video may be available late that same night, or first thing the next morning. LiveAirShowTV President Jeff Lee said, “Everybody knows that there are cell phone videos and home camcorder videos that get posted, but LiveAirShowTV has the access to hear from the pilots immediately after a race, get the latest from a crew chief, and hear directly from those who are moving up in the standings as well as those who’s race week is over.”

All of these videos will be available for free, directly on the LiveAirShowTV.com home page in the video column on the left. Fans who want to get revved up early, can go back and take a look at our complete coverage from 2010, including the expanded profiles on Steven Hinton and Tiger Destefani, Dr. Brent Hisey, Will Whiteside, and John and Heather Penney.

In 2010, LiveAirShowTV broke new ground with daily reports during race week that covered virtually every aspect of the action from one end of Stead Field to the other. “We knew that race fans who couldn’t be there, as well as those who didn’t have the access that we had, would want to know what was going on with their favorite race teams, and they wanted to hear directly from the pilots and their crews,” said Lee.

For those fans who had hoped for another live broadcast, similar to the historic show we produced in 2009, LiveAirShowTV is just as disappointed as you. The current economic climate has made obtaining additional broadcast sponsors even more difficult than the last two years.

Between now and race week, look for stories to be posted about the National Aviation Heritage Invitational planes that will be on display; a look at the Super Sport class, and hear directly from Jon Sharp on his retirement announcement. Also, get a look at the upcoming release of the IMAX feature: Air Racers 3D!

LiveAirShowTV is finalizing plans for each day’s coverage. Do you have a story idea? Send it in. Your story idea might just make it to one of the reports. Go to the “Contact” page at www.LiveAirShowTV.com and submit your story idea.

LiveAirShowTV’s coverage is made possible by the support of Air Transport World (www.atwonline.com) and PilotMag (www.pilotmag.com)

For all the latest on the Reno Air Races and air shows around the country, “Like” us on our Facebook Fan Page, and follow us on Twitter. Both links are available on our home page. LiveAirShowTV continues to be the “Eyes and Ears of Aviation, Today”.

Re: LiveAirShowTV Has the Inside Story!

Thanks for your link. I won't be able to attend but really would like to see what's going on via the internet.

I'd like to see a story on

1. the modifications that makes a high strung racer Unlimited Racer when comparing it to a stock plane as an example.

2. a pilots perspective of what it's like to fly a high strung Unlimited Racer around the course during qualifying and during a race and how safe/dangerous it is.

3. the costs involved in a high strung Unlimited Racer, ie acquiring, modifying, maintaining, insuring, entering the Reno event.

4. compare and contrast any of the different types of high strung Unlimited Racers like a BearCat-Rare Bear, a Mustang-Strega, and a Sea Fury-Furias...costs, modifications to the airframe, motor, handling characteristics, the line taken while racing the course...

5. the history and future of Reno as a race location, 5-10-20 years from now...

6. compare and contrast the similarities/differences in the radial motors in the Unlimited Class.

7. how about a video of the Pilot Briefing room?
    Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 09-07-2011, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Jeff......do you have a Paypal account? I'd like to make a small donation...
      Red
      chanting...400+

Comment

If you can squeeze it in, do a story on

Minimum and general qualifications/experience to fly an Unlimited on the course.

C'mon people. Here's your chance to get interviews or questions answered. What do you want to hear/see...?
        Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 09-07-2011, 09:06 PM.

Comment

I hope this video stays up on the web so I can see it when I return.
          I would like to see:
          1. Technical explainations of race planes like Mr. Penney did.
          For instance, what is a tubed engine and why does it work at reno?

2. The girls of Section 3

Comment

These are great suggestions! I can tell you that some of them we are already working on.

Chris, to date I've only pulled one video down off of the list. It was an internal decision and had nothing to do with the Reno Air Races.

One of the beauties of things like YouTube is that people are able to find videos like these well after the event. We watch the viewer numbers continue to climb on videos that are a year old and older. Have no fear, they will be there when you get home, and we will be adding to them. Like last year, there will be a comprehensive wrap up not long after we return from the races. I do have some local production to take care of, so give me a little understanding if it takes me a few extra days to get things posted. Then in the weeks and months following, we will produce various profile pieces and other features to keep you going during the air show off season, and the long cold months of the winter.

Again, "Like" our Facebook fan page, and follow us on Twitter as we will be updating both from the ramp next week.

Jeff

Comment

Looks like two videos are available up for viewing.

You find these by going to the home page and looking at the left side:
              LiveAirshowTV - engaging air show audiences with U.S. Navy Blue Angels, Air Force Thunderbirds, aerobatic flying, STOL, jet cars and extreme aviation!

A suggestion for the editor, it would be nice to eliminate the background music on the first video. I'm listening to it on a laptop with earphones and my brain is having to split the audio between the announcer and the music. The announcer is what I should be hearing 100%. The music is irrelevant and distracting.
              Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 09-15-2011, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Suggestion for a video.

Take the camera in an airplane and fly the course and give us a view of the track from low and high levels.

Comment

Working...
                X