Sunshine and spinning prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunshine and spinning prop

While clearing out my files from Reno 2002 in preparation for 2003, found this picture of Two of Hearts turning to face the crowd on the final day of the races during "the sandstorm".
    Attached Files

Robert,

Interesting shot... Almost got by me being down in this section.. I check here, actually I get an email for every post done here.. (ugh, just what I need, more email) but missed taking a good long look at this shot..

it's especially interesting in that there is so much removed from the airplane I can't ever remember seeing this airplane or any other T-6 at Reno with that much showing under the engine... or was I just not being very observant??

Looking forward to seeing your work from back east!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne,

Still trying to figure out when on Sunday I shot this. I was on the course for the final races of the day and my guess is this was after the last race as I was wandering around the pits trying to find something different and get to a food vendor that wasn't already packing it in.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
        Robert,

Interesting shot... Almost got by me being down in this section.. I check here, actually I get an email for every post done here.. (ugh, just what I need, more email) but missed taking a good long look at this shot..

it's especially interesting in that there is so much removed from the airplane I can't ever remember seeing this airplane or any other T-6 at Reno with that much showing under the engine... or was I just not being very observant??

Looking forward to seeing your work from back east!

Wayne
        Uh,,, that's the very reason you needd to get out more often... You know,,,,, AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER. OUT ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you'd be REALLY surprised what you miss out there.... MG
        MG

Comment

Originally posted by racersedge

Uh,,, that's the very reason you needd to get out more often... You know,,,,, AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER. OUT ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you'd be REALLY surprised what you miss out there.... MG
          Ohh Mikey, I know exactly what I miss out there!

Having the setup at John Parker's American Air Racing hangar for the last several years has been great in some ways, being able to put out up-to-the minute details, the likes of which, had never been done in the past, was a real boon to fans who were either not yet there or who could not make it.

Not being financially solvent enough to hire someone to man the computers while those of us out in the field phoned info back in for updating was what kept one or more of us tied to the computer for far too long each day...

We *may* still make a stab at that type of coverage, maybe even this year. First we'd need to find the dollars to hire people, or "volunteers" who would want to spend the time there in the hangar in return for being a part of it all..

Second, we'd have to get with John again and see if he'd let us..

I suppose if anyone were interested in doing something like this, and could type pretty fast, we could offer a season pass w/pit access for the week.

Obviously, some typing and computer skills would be necessary.. if a couple people got into this, rotating one on the computer, the other playing around, it might not be such a bad deal.

Well.. if anyone takes me up on this, we'll see... Griffon Girl?? You get your "in" yet??

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

ok,,,,,,,,,, I hereby volunteer, even tho I'm still in the hunt and peck stages of typing. You know, the one finger typer. Only trouble is, I have to pay to get in this year. But, I'd be willing to help out. Anyone else out there in typing land???????????????? MG
            MG

Comment

Mikey,

Let me see what I can work out... I'll email ya or call ya and we can talk about it..

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
              X