* New FURIAS Color Paint Scheme Design *

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• * New FURIAS Color Paint Scheme Design *

New Furias Paint Scheme Design- 5-View Layout + LH Profile Detail view. (Application schedule-TBD)

Colors: Primary color-Toreador Red, Secondary color-Insignia White, Primary Trim color-Cordovan Gold Metallic, Accent Trim color-Dk. Flag Blue, A-G panel- Jet Black (Matte).

Premiere-posted today on the Furias Fan Group Facebook page:

Here's the first public preview of the new Furias paint scheme design, commissioned by owner-Chuck Greenhill last September, that will be applied to Race #15 'when time allows'. Furias just got her final coats of primer applied at the beginning of the week. And now, w/Reno 2011 looming just around the corner in two short weeks-Team Furias' energies are entirely-devoted towards conducting successful intensive engine, systems & flight testing to ensure maximum-performance reliability & safest-airworthy operational configuration f/ their raceplane, to allow team race pilot- Matt Jackson to make it into UNL Gold Class competition this go-around & have the best shot @ bringing home The Trophy.

Just as a side note: Me & my partner Terry Pyles designed & painted a totally-unmarked #69-"Jeannie" (NX79111) right there out on the Stead Field ramp @ Reno '79,-working all thru race week under the hot sun alongside Wiley Sanders' crew & nobody in their right mind's gonna be doin' that drill here I know (I sure wouldn't ever again!)

When I took-on this job, I asked Chuck what his color preferences were & he answered- "Red & White- those are my colors, Bucky,-like on my Goose & that great scheme you designed for my Albatross. I know you can come up something outstanding." Chuck has pretty-high standards, so I pulled-out all the stops to come up w/the best design possible for him (+ I love everything about the Furias racer-its' great history & the people who've been part of it). So when Chuck Greenhill emailed back his response- "SPECTACULAR!" at seeing my prelim design workup-I was both happy & relieved- I gotta admit. Ben McCarter w/the Furias team working on plane now at Eagle's Nest, said the crew likes the new scheme too ('relief',-again) & if you Furias fans dig the 'New Do' too- it's gonna be a winner all the way 'round!

So when Race #15 finally gets her pretty new feathers on & folks get to see the metallic gold trim flashing highlights on red & white flying against a bright blue sunny sky, hope the grandstand crowd's gonna all shout-out- "GO FURIAS!"

-DBD

***P.S. - I have to give huge thanks to my great Japanese friend & fellow artist/air racing devotee- Taichiro Y. for generously-providing me w/a fantastic Furias 5-view technical schematic drawing to use in developing my design scheme & going 'above & beyond' by producing color PDFs (15 Revisions!!!) of my original layout to get us perfectly-exact airframe tapeline scheme layout reference for the painters. (Taichiro-san -You are The Man!) Also, thanks, Ben, for taking those needed pictures f/Taichi to update the new Furias mods to his drawings & the good comms to answer all my many questions. I don't know how well the layout details will show up on your computer screen - so I will also post a LH profile detail example as well f/everyone's viewing.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BuckyD; 08-30-2011, 09:57 AM.

Re: * New FURIAS Color Paint Scheme Design *

WONDERFUL!

Thanks Much for the LATE night work.

Comment

Very nicely done! I looks every bit a race plane.
      Reno just got a little more exciting....

GP

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

My first impression of the design – it looks fast.

Comment

NICELY DONE BUCK! Very racey with a nostalgic feel. I LOVE IT!
          "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

FANTASTIC! That scheme will make some very nice pics out on the pylons.

Steve C

Comment

Very Nice.. I love it!
              j

Comment

Two thumbs up.

She looks Furias!

Comment

look great!

Comment

Great! Looks like a cross between the Orange and Blue checkerboard and red and gold that she used to have.

Comment

Love it!

Good luck this year.
                      '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

Bucky,

Thanks for the preview, WOW. Pure class!

Frank

Comment

Buckminster.... CONGRATS! I was not paying close attention to the subject, just scanning/speed reading (as usual) to make sure everything was going smoothly.... day-am... you got skills!

I still own the domain furias.com that I bought for Bill when he had the plane... nobody ever got together with me to do anything with it. I gota get Matt to change that. Now that the design is there, they ought to have a website proper!

Even if I'm not the guy who does their site,(though I'd like to be), the domain is there for them to use!

Good work my multi-talented friend!
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Not too bad for a photographer......

Comment

Looks great Bucky. Can't wait to see it in the real.

Comment

Working...
                              X