Furias Color Scheme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furias Color Scheme?

I haven't heard a thing about the new colors for Furias, but I'm hoping we might see something in an overall GOLD color. I always liked the scheme on the old #37 Mustang ("Wraith" and "Jay Dee") raced at Cleveland/Miami between 1946-49. I guess it could be considered a bronze or copper color but anyway something like that with maybe red lettering accented in black (sort of a reverse of Lloyd Hamilton's old scheme).

Your thoughts?....

By the way, old race #37 P-51D, NX37492, still exists today in a military scheme at the Evergreen Museum, McMinnville, OR, but I'd sure love them to restore her to her old racing colors/config. someday.
    Last edited by Lowell; 08-25-2011, 04:05 PM.

Re: Furias Color Scheme?

Hi Lowell-

Please 'Standby-One' & I will be posting a 'formal announcement' preview sometime later this evening regarding a response to this currently-popular race fan request, per direction of owner- Chuck Greenhill on behalf of Team Furias... (Will be shortly-after the clock strikes Midnight 'Alaska Time' to rolls us into a- 'Furias Friday').

DBD

BTW- Lowell, I like your tastes in planes & way of thinking...

Comment

My guess for this year is green primer with white outer wing panels.

Comment

I have Seen the Bling and Furias will be King !

Comment

Originally posted by Race5 View Post
          My guess for this year is green primer with white outer wing panels.
          Matt has said that they are going to be completely painted, or they aren't going.

Comment

Primer, that's a winning bet.

Comment

All you "primer" guessers are going to have egg on your faces when Bucky posts sometime after midnight!!

I have been trying all day to iron 2 dozen Docent shirts, but haven't gotten too many done due to the constant posting of historic shots of Furias and the WAGs of the other denizens of this board as to how she will be, or if she will be, dressed for the dance coming up in a couple of weeks.

Please, guys, put us out of our misery and GIVE US THE PICTURES!!!!

Betty (NAG,NAG,NAG)

Comment

You think the TSA is bad--you have never seen bad till ya try to get into the Bucksters Bunker !

Comment

Its almost 1230am here in Anchorage. When will the info be posted?

Comment

Working...
                  X