Reno Hotels A Place to stay For Air Races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno Hotels A Place to stay For Air Races

I got a late start this year. Here we are just a few weeks away and I don't have a place to stay yet. Any suggestion on where to look? Thanks

I have stayed at the grand sierra hilton mgm grand..

Originally posted by p51fan View Post
    I got a late start this year. Here we are just a few weeks away and I don't have a place to stay yet. Any suggestion on where to look? Thanks
    for, well ever since they built it. As far as I'm concerned its the best and easiest place to get to and get out of to get to stead, although it can be spendy especially if you go a week early as I do! working ops has its rewards and its down side!

Comment

Re: Place to stay

If you look at the top of the forum main page, there's an ad for the Grand Sierra for 39.00 a night w/ a 10.00 per day food credit. That's cheaper than Motel 6, and a whole lot better!
      "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

hotwire.com the cheapest way to go...

Comment

Originally posted by ezetom View Post
          hotwire.com the cheapest way to go...
          I'm not seeing it..., just checked hotwire and cheapest was $79 a night. What am I missing?

Comment

Hmmm...I stepped through all 19 ad choices and didnt see the link to $39 rooms either...I suggest a PM to Wayne or a call to the hotel! 39 plus a 10 buck food credit sounds great....

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote Chris View Post
              Hmmm...I stepped through all 19 ad choices and didnt see the link to $39 rooms either...I suggest a PM to Wayne or a call to the hotel! 39 plus a 10 buck food credit sounds great....
              Really? It's at the top of this page right now! Every time i go to "air racin'", there it is. Is it just me? Can't be............
              "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

Mine is Disneyland. I believe AdChoices displays ads based on your browsing history. Each of us will probably have something a little different.

T-dub, maybe you can click the ad and then post the link?

Thanks,
                Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote Chris View Post
                  The ads run based on content, so the more we talk about hotels in Reno, Nevada, the more hotel ads show up... beyond that, contractually, I can not say much about them, or I lose them and that would really suck!
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Well according to Expedia GSR is sold out for that week. Gonna try Hotwire next.

Comment

Originally posted by p51fan View Post
                      Well according to Expedia GSR is sold out for that week. Gonna try Hotwire next.
                      You might have to watch for last minute cancellations at Reno hotels.. Some groups book blocks of rooms and they become available right before the event.

I'd also check out Extended Stay America, a bit south but right on the freeway, only about 10 minutes further out than the GSR. We stayed there several times, they have kitchens, a cheap internet, per stay, fee and are generally a nice little place to call home for a week.
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: Reno Hotels A Place to stay For Air Races

Right about now 10 miles farther south equates to another 45 min to an hr drive depending on trafic....

395 from the I-80 interchange south is under construction... A N D I-80 from Keystone to Rock blvd is under heavy construction.

The freeways are not a place to be in Reno right now. Stay off of them for time and safety.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                          You might have to watch for last minute cancellations at Reno hotels.. Some groups book blocks of rooms and they become available right before the event.

I'd also check out Extended Stay America, a bit south but right on the freeway, only about 10 minutes further out than the GSR. We stayed there several times, they have kitchens, a cheap internet, per stay, fee and are generally a nice little place to call home for a week.
                          Wayne, good call on the Extended Stay America. It's a nice clean place, and the rates are pretty reasonable. My family almost always stays there during race week.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
                            The ads run based on content, so the more we talk about hotels in Reno, Nevada, the more hotel ads show up... beyond that, contractually, I can not say much about them, or I lose them and that would really suck!
                            I was told the same thing each year we stayed there... must have gotten lucky! I never had more than a ten minute drive to when I passed GSR on the freeway... Have stayed at GSR and now Circus Circus for the past few years... I have to say, I miss having the kitchen, blender and my breakfast smoothie!
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: Reno Hotels A Place to stay For Air Races

Bring your own blender - good for margaritas, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X