Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blue sky and tailwinds to Bryan Jensen and the Beast...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue sky and tailwinds to Bryan Jensen and the Beast...

Seems like we are posting that often these days. Bryan was killed in a crash in KC this weekend.

Re: Blue sky and tailwinds to Bryan Jensen and the Beast...

Just found out about it. Condolences to his family.

$
    "Man was meant to fly -- the earth is for worms!"
    Martin Caidin

Comment

Here's the video of the accident.

Comment

There is talk that the FAA may want to stop these air shows but nothing is ever said about the shootings,stabings & beatings at sporting events.
        Lockheed Bob

Comment

Wow, after watching the video, I dont think the pilot was awake, or a cable for the elevators broke. Was no attempt to pull up. It dosnt look like the plane was in a stall to me.

Blue Skys Bryan.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
            Wow, after watching the video, I dont think the pilot was awake, or a cable for the elevators broke. Was no attempt to pull up. It dosnt look like the plane was in a stall to me.

Blue Skys Bryan.
            I saw exactly the opposite, it looked like a classic failed spin recovery. He just starts to pull the nose up and the spin resumes. Sat through an FAA safety seminar about 6 months ago about spin recovery and they had a video of an Extra 300 doing the same thing to demonstate how spins can resume if elevator is applied incorrectly. If the pilot was passed out or the elevator cable snapped I don't see what would cause the spining movement. I'm not mentioning this to place blame on the pilot but I think it does go directly to spin recovery which is of interest to pilots in general.

This should remind us to appreciate any perfomance we see flown at low altitude. So many amazing aerobatic performers dazzle and amaze us successfully at airshows everywhere! You can forget how unforgiving the ground can be when something goes wrong.

Whatever the cause it was a terrible tradgedy!

God Speed Bryan...

Spacegrrrl

Comment

Secondary stall during the spin recovery. Elevator applied too soon without enough airspeed to recover.

Sad, very sad weekend.
              '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Comment

Thanks guys for the info, not being a pilot I honestly dont know what I see, so your input gives me good info.

Comment

Working...
                X