Can't go this year....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't go this year....

To all my friends and family going to the dance this year, I regret the poor economy and the boys school schedule has cancelled my trip to Reno.

So, have fun everyone, be safe above all, (please let it be calm on Sunday). I, along with many others will be counting on you guys to post the news in a timely fashion so our addictions to this great sport can be satisfied quickly as the winners round the home pylon.

Cheers.

Oh God, I miss the sound of a full tilt Merlin already......

Glen
    '71 S.D.1000, '85-'91,'94',95,'97-'99,'02,'04,'06,'08,'10,'13,'14 NCAR.

Re: Can't go this year....

Sorry man. I know how dissapointed you must be

Comment

Glen,

I feel your pain! Although with me it's MY school schedule this year. (I didn't think school would be an issue at 53, but you never know)

I've only missed twice since '84, so it will feel weird this year.

So, as Glen said, good updates will be appreciated!

Sad in Seattle...

Dan

Comment

Is airshow live tv going to show it live this year i hope so low on fun tickets also

Comment

Not go to Reno....dont understand...does not compute....I would crawl on my hands and knees, ride a scooter and camp out (oh wait, I do that anyway) lie cheat and steal like a member of congress to get there....before not going...

I am so sorry for you guys.....after sitting around for days during 911, I vowed to go every year or have my ashes sent to be spread there.....

Here's hoping Reno goes on for ever and you guys have plenty of other chances to see the greatest show on earth......I know it is the best nine days of my life every year....

Peace to you guys...we shall lift a beer to you Saturday night....
          absent friends.....

(Propellerhead, Wayne,make sure Robert spreads my ashes on the field and doesnt pour them down some portapotty)

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote Chris View Post
            (Propellerhead, Wayne,make sure Robert spreads my ashes on the field and doesnt pour them down some portapotty)
            Man, yew got a lot more confidence than I do that I'll outlive ya...

To be honest, I have plans in place to spread mine in the ocean off the coast where I live, but... I seriously don't think where the remains of your physical body go means beans when you go..

I know, this is dragging this simple subject even further but... I'm pretty sure that ya get at least *some* time to harrass those left living when you go to the other side...

*evil grin*
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

God Bless Wayne Sagar for perpetuating the anticipation for the Reno Air Races, a dream for some and a tradition for others. We'll be thinking of you from the Checkered Flag Club. Ya'll wave when you come by and holler AAFO!

Comment

Ha! If I knew I was gonna live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!!!! I'm 62, motorcycle touring, drinking and other interesting activitive.... you will be around lots longer than I will!

But you are correct. When the sun goes super nova, it aint gonna matter where your ashes are...but some how it is comforting to know they will be in a few places where I enjoyed life the most.....

Chris

Comment

Working...
                X