More Racer Photos By Erik Hildebrandt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Racer Photos By Erik Hildebrandt

For those of you enjoying the POTW by Erik Hildebrandt, there are now more of the images shot at Aviation Nation 2002 by Erik at http://nellisairshow.com/03/2002_gal...ldebrandt.html

Extremely nice work!

Wayne Sagar
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Dude,,,those are awesome.

I could feel the power in those shots by Eric. Must be nice to get bounced around while taking those shots........Vrrroooommm!!!!!
    Randy Rheinschild
    www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

Re: Dude,,,those are awesome.

Originally posted by rwflyboy
      I could feel the power in those shots by Eric. Must be nice to get bounced around while taking those shots........Vrrroooommm!!!!!
      It was rough! I was clued in to the invite by Erik by Dago Red's Dan Stout on Saturday, just before the flight.. Unfortunately, there is only room for one in the tail of the -25 and this was Erik's flight so that was his position... Frankly, with the amount of bouncing we were doing, I don't know how he managed the shots he did!

I was forced to bend my knees and try to absorb the bumps as I shot through the plexi (which, unfortunately, totally threw my autofocus off, which I did not know till later review of the shots) and really only managed this one http://www.aafo.com/gallery/10-09-02.htm from the shoot...

How Erik managed to pull anything out of the hat in his position, lying flat on his belly with no real way to absorb the shock and still come up with full disk shots is beyond me!!

I don't think my legs have ever burned more than they did on that flight! If you've ever been in a -25, there's not nearly enough room to stand so I was in bent leg position for most of the duration.. not sure how long that was but.. LONG ENOUGH!!

I'm almost 52... so I can complain a bit now can't I!!

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Great shots....you guys are gonna make me go broke. Every time you post stuff like that I have to e-mail the guys and order prints.

Comment

Originally posted by Race5
          Great shots....you guys are gonna make me go broke. Every time you post stuff like that I have to e-mail the guys and order prints.
          Kewl.. that'll make Erik happy that he gave permission to use them.

Maybe he'll continue to provide some shots to use for desktop wallpaper. Those shots of Dago, and Dago & The Bear are fantastic... they are all fantastic!

Wayne
          PS... let him know where you saw them!!
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
          X